setup officejet 4500 wireless (4382 Views)
Student
jridberg1
Message 1 of 4 (4,382 Views)

setup officejet 4500 wireless

Installed officejet 4500 wireless all-in-one today. running macosx 10.5.8, powerpc G4 imac, verizon fios is provider. had great difficulty installing device (used usb cable for install). install appears to be correct. however, printer shows as offline when trying to print. have tried all faq's at hp website. at a loss on how to proceed.  thanks.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (4,374 Views)

Re: setup officejet 4500 wireless

Let's reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System. WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP
Student
sheck327
Message 3 of 4 (1,839 Views)

Have moved and need to set up my 4500 on a desk top computer. dont have the the loading disc, its packed away in storage. is there any way to download the info needed?

the printer works fine on 2 laptops we have but they were set up with the install disc.

thanks

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (1,815 Views)

Get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation