10-17-2011 12:17 PM
I have installed a Laserjet P4014n on a new Windows 7 machine with the USB connection - I allowed it to detect and install the drivers automatically. The printer works great on the Win7 machine.
I shared the printer and would now like to have an XP machine also be able to use it for printing. However when I add a printer and I browse out to the shared printer on the Win7 machine, the XP machine gives the error: "The server for the HP LaserJet P4014/P4015 PCL6 printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. If you want to search for the proper driver click OK. Otherwise click Cancel..." I tried to find the correct driver (.INF) file on the CD that came with the printer, but it does not seem to like any of the files on the CD.
I have tried to install on the XP machine the drivers using the CD that came with the printer, but because there is not a printer connected, it will not install. I have also downloaded the XP drivers (PCL6 and Universal Printer Drivers for PCL5 and PCL6) for the printer from the HP website, and tried to browse to those when installing the drivers but it still cannot find a file it likes.
What file should I be looking for on the CD or downloaded files for XP?
I also tried to add additional drivers on the Win7 machine but again can not find a file that installs from the CD or downloaded files.
11-10-2011 01:08 PM
i am having the same problem. the printer is installed on a new windows 7 computer and we are trying to share it to a windows vista computer. did you figure out how to get it to work?! we r getting very frustrated!!
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network