05-23-2013 09:58 AM
Someone outside of my home network is printing through my wireless network. I have an HPb210e. How do Iadjust the printer settings to stop this?
05-23-2013 10:07 AM - edited 05-23-2013 10:12 AM
Are you using the printer as a standalone device or is it associated with an wireless access point?
Follow the instructions on this document to change the security type to WPA if you have it set up using WEP. Change the network key as well.
WEP is the currrently weakest security type available. It is very easy for anyone who is so inclined, to crack it and get your passphrase.
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network