05-23-2013 09:58 AM
Someone outside of my home network is printing through my wireless network. I have an HPb210e. How do Iadjust the printer settings to stop this?
05-23-2013 10:07 AM - edited 05-23-2013 10:12 AM
Are you using the printer as a standalone device or is it associated with an wireless access point?
Follow the instructions on this document to change the security type to WPA if you have it set up using WEP. Change the network key as well.
WEP is the currrently weakest security type available. It is very easy for anyone who is so inclined, to crack it and get your passphrase.
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection