Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Use a flashlight to look in the front/top door and then remove the rear door and look in there.  Even the smallest scrap of paper or label can cause this.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Use a flashlight to look in the front/top door and then remove the rear door and look in there.  Even the smallest scrap of paper or label can cause this.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much I had been on looking for an answer and you had the only answer to this question not one question was ask on every place I looked

HP Recommended

What if there is nothing jamming it and it's just stopping on it's own? Can an HP person come and fix it? 

HP Recommended

This is a brand new printer,  the tray has a grey sliding tray in it, does the paper go on it or below it, the printer prints sometimes one sheet the jamms the next, help about to send it back

Envy 5660

Thanks

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi viking111

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you

Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

OK, sorry I didn't know, having said that can you help me with my problem, I am at wits ends and am considering returning printer back to HP store.com

HP Recommended

viking111,

The gray sliding bars you mention are the paper width adjusters.  You need to slide those adjusters to the width of your paper.  The paper should not sit on top of the adjusters.

Regards

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

viking111,

My appologies, I misread your post.  You are asking about the gray sliding tray, which is the photo tray.  You need to slide that tray in to access the main tray for letter size media.  Please refer to the following link for more detail:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04339981

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I took the back door off and the front and shined a flashlight in and there was no paper stuck in it.  It seems to grab on the right corner and the paper gets stuck.  What to do next?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.