11-01-2011 09:21 PM
I am trying to connect to my wireless network using the HP Officejet 4500 Wireless setup wizard. I think it is rejecting my passphrase because I don't know how to do upper and lower case on the OfficeJet 4500's keypad. I have one uppercase letter in my passphrase. Does anyone know how to do upper and lower case on the keypad of the printer?
11-02-2011 01:10 PM
I believe it is a multi-press like the "old" way to text on cell phones. It should cycle through all characters for that key. It might be easier to install it via USB, then convert it to wireless. Check out the "Set up Wireless (802.11) Connection" section of this document: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01991120.pdf.
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network