upper case on HP Officejet 4500 wireless keypad (1897 Views)
Student
cptx
Message 1 of 2 (1,897 Views)

upper case on HP Officejet 4500 wireless keypad

I am trying to connect to my wireless network using the HP Officejet 4500 Wireless setup wizard.  I think it is rejecting my passphrase because I don't know how to do upper and lower case on the OfficeJet 4500's keypad.  I have one uppercase letter in my passphrase.  Does anyone know how to do upper and lower case on the keypad of the printer? 

Grad Student
PanteraMoon
Message 2 of 2 (1,854 Views)

Re: upper case on HP Officejet 4500 wireless keypad

Hi cptx,

I believe it is a multi-press like the "old" way to text on cell phones.  It should cycle through all characters for that key.  It might be easier to install it via USB, then convert it to wireless.  Check out the "Set up Wireless (802.11) Connection" section of this document:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01991120.pdf.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation