Question
Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,491 Views)

web jetadmin 10.3.90613 (SR4) waiting for start

Hi,

Today I upgraded from version 10.1 to 10.3.90613 (SR4). Now when I try to execute the program I see the web jetadmin window and appears the next message -> "waiting for service start". I waited 3 hours and continue with this message. I revised the services, and stop/start services and rebooted server. The server is a virutal machine and have installed Windows 2003 server R2 (spanish), 32 bits, internet explorer 6. I have been finding solutions in this forum and trying differents options but the programa don't work.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Regards.

Tutor
Message 2 of 6 (2,460 Views)

Re: web jetadmin 10.3.90613 (SR4) waiting for start

have you confirmed the services HPWJA Service and HPWSProAdapter Service are both running? i would stop both of them, wait a minute, then start the HPWJA, follwed by HPWSProAdapter. then test.

if your still having problem, maybe make sure the service is allowed through firewall. i had fresh install and had similar problem. i had to allow program access and add the service.exe hope this helps.
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,457 Views)

When restarting services, I also do "SQL Server (HPWJA)" - WJA is dependant on that. - fyi: if you have a large installation, I have literally waited 3-5 hours for some WJA upgrades, I think it needs time to process the db before the client can connect.

Tutor
Message 4 of 6 (2,453 Views)

Bob Roell wrote:

When restarting services, I also do "SQL Server (HPWJA)" - WJA is dependant on that. - fyi: if you have a large installation, I have literally waited 3-5 hours for some WJA upgrades, I think it needs time to process the db before the client can connect.

this is assuming you also have the database on same server.

Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,441 Views)

Thank you so much for your help. The database is in the same server.

I did it this:

I uninstalled web jetadmin and installed again. But I had the same problem but finally I created 2 files .bat with this sentences:

For stop services:

net stop HPWSProAdapter

net stop HPWJAService

net stop mssql$HPWJA

For start services:

net start mssql$HPWJA

net start HPWJAService

net start HPWSProAdapter

After I executed those 2 .bat and seems will work good but now I receive this message "An unexpected error has been encountered". I tried to execute from antoher computer windows 7 (servername:8000) and I receive the same message.

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 6 of 6 (2,405 Views)

Finally It's working but I couldn't to restore the backup. Maybe the backup from 10.1 is not compatible with 10.3. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation