Question

Student
DrJoan
Message 1 of 4 (4,191 Views)

why doesn't my computer recognize my hp wireless printer?

I just purchased the HP Officejet Pro 8600 and installed it on my Dell Computer that runs on Windows 7 OS. The printer is on the wireless network, but my computer does not recognize it. I checked the virus protection software and nothing is suspect. I need to get the printer on the network ASAP. Please help me.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (4,176 Views)

Re: why doesn't my computer recognize my hp wireless printer?

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Tutor
hsquared
Message 3 of 4 (3,737 Views)

I downloaded, installed and ran printdr, it searched for my printer, found it and said it fixed it but Windows7 device manager still has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point.  This problem started after I downloaded and installed the full latest driver, OJ6000E609_Full_14.exe software.

Thanks,  H

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (3,695 Views)

Is Windows up to date?  You may want to totally uninstall the HP software (using the HP uninstallers), restart, then download and install the software from hp.com again.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation