05-24-2011 10:12 PM
Go to system settings and select the ‘Printer’ option.
Right-click on the printer and enable the ‘Use Printer Online’ function.
Cancel all the printing jobs till that moment and redo the process.
Sometimes the ‘Printer Offline’ message occurs due to a ‘Job Stuck’ issue.
Check all network connections and functions.
Be sure the network interfaces work properly.
Turn the printer off and on to see whether the device is working properly.
05-25-2011 02:08 AM
Hi, It might be as simple as just clicking use online or there could be an issue that is causing it to go offline. To help you please download the HP print diagnostic utility HERE and run it. It can check and fix most minor causes that will make a printer go offline.
Click HERE for more info on the use of the tool.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
04-29-2014 01:03 AM
My new computer is a Dell wireless and was set up to operate with my HP wireless printer. Everything has been working fine until today when attempting to print from the computer I received a message which says it's off-line. Uny help on how to correct this problem?
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series