why won't my laptop connect to my wireless printer (75142 Views)
Student
liberty1
Message 31 of 101 (1,767 Views)

Re: why won't my laptop connect to my wireless printer

I have a 6150series printer and a HPPavilion dv961ous notebookPC and it just stopped printing wirelessly.

Top Student
ehicd
Message 32 of 101 (1,765 Views)

I have the same problem ,

I'm using MAC 0S 10.7.5

Last week I purchased a HP-Print-50-Photosmart 5520. It could connect fine with my router and the e-print works well.

However, the wireless direct printing was not working... although i could see my HP 5520 printer thru WI-fi using all my other devices, i could not  connect to it.

Solution 1: I disabled the Wireless Direct security feature, and everything started to work. All my devices could see it AND finally connect to it. The printer worked for 2 weeks and then the connection issues appears again.

I tried to enable/disable the wireless direct printing but didn't work. Do you know what the problem may be?

now,  I cannot access the EWS security page....  the password is given to me by my printer.... but the user name seem to not working ( itried admin or HP-Print-50-Photosmart 5520)... do you know how i can reset the user name or which user name I should try?

Thank you  in advance :smileyhappy:

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 33 of 101 (1,753 Views)

If you have a router and the printer is wirelessly connected to it, why do you want to use wireless direct?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
ifine2
Message 34 of 101 (1,731 Views)

I have a hp 6500 wireless printer and a hp laptop pavilion dv 1000 and want to connect the two I also have a route that runs the lap top wireless as well How do I connect everything so I can print from anywhere

Thank you

ifine2

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 35 of 101 (1,726 Views)

On the front of the printer, go to Setup > Network > WIreless Setup Wizard.  Run it.

On you laptop, download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

Make sure there is no USB cable connected to the printer, then when installing the software select "Wireless" as the installation type.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
ifine2
Message 36 of 101 (1,716 Views)

Thanks for you're help during set up towards the end the computer detects printer but set up failed and I retried twice any suggestions

Thank you.

ifine2

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 37 of 101 (1,707 Views)

OK, this could be a router issue.  Were there any error messages?  What did they say?

What router are you using?  Try restarting it by pulling its power plug out of the back for 10 seconds or so, then try again.

Also, this may help: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03286146&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Student
jag1620
Message 38 of 101 (1,705 Views)

I used to be able to print from my lap top to my printer by wireless, now it will not connect.  I have changed internet companies could that be it?

Honor Student
ifine2
Message 39 of 101 (1,704 Views)

Thank you for getting back to me and I will try what you suggested and the router is Westell  Versa Link 327W  what is it you want me to unplug the printer or the Router?

Thank you

ifine2

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 40 of 101 (1,695 Views)

Unplug the power cord going into the back of the router to reboot it, then retry...

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation