Question
why won't my laptop connect to my wireless printer
Replies (100)

Honor Student
ifine2
Message 41 of 101 (2,209 Views)

Re: why won't my laptop connect to my wireless printer

Thanks for all the help I had no idea it would be like this. However I still can't print, the computer recognizes the printer  but may be a firewall problem I turned off the firewall and tried to print no luck with that.  here is the message, Printer rediscovery problems detected your PC may not be able to track online status changes of your printer  If you are using firewall software verify UDP Port 427 is unlockedfrom your printer at 192.168.1.41 to your PC  Tofix this issue try to power printer off and on

Thank you ifine2

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 42 of 101 (2,201 Views)

Windows firewall is usually not a problem.  What can be a problem is a firewall associated with your security suite (Norton,  etc).  Check that control panel and disable its firewall to test.

I am employed by HP
Student
miltnsheila
Message 43 of 101 (2,161 Views)

I have a hp touch screen computer and a gateway computer i have a hp b210 all in one printer wired to the gateway and wireless to the hp both computers printed fine for sometime now i can't print wireless from my computer or any other ran the test sheet sayseverything ok also did test from hp site ok also did connection test on printer screen ok also any ideas?
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 44 of 101 (2,139 Views)

Why is the printer wired (USB, presumably) to the Gateway PC and wireless to your router (what router?)?

I would disconnect the USB to the Gateway, ensure that the printer is indeed connected wirelessly to your router, then on each computer go to Control Panel > Printers and delete the printer.

Next, re-add the printer with this process:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Get its IP from a Network Test printed from the front panel of the printer.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices & Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.

I am employed by HP
Student
buremoh
Message 45 of 101 (2,077 Views)

Re: why won't my laptop connect to my printer wirelessly?

My hp pavillion laptop is wireless/wifi enabled and connects perfectly to the internet router inmy home. However, I have teried unsuccessfully to mae it print from an hp officejet j5700 series printer attached to my desktop connected (cabled) to the same internet router. Please help

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 46 of 101 (2,071 Views)

Re: why won't my laptop connect to my printer wirelessly?

Download and run this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03286146&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Student
doodah13
Message 47 of 101 (2,038 Views)

Re: Wireless connection to Toshiba Laptop.

why won't my  Toshiba XP laptop connect to my wireless HP Office Jet Pro 8500APlus printer.  My desktop is ok.

The desktop and printer are in the basement of the house and the laptop is in an upper bedroom.   All other connections on the laptop seem to work fine.l 

Honor Student
MrsJGHR
Message 48 of 101 (2,032 Views)

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus is wirelessly connected happily to the hardwired  Dell computer. From my Dell Inspiron laptop, I can print some things to the printer's email address.  HOWEVER, I am Unable to install this printer on my laptop.  It was easy to do on the old (dead) printer.  Any ideas???

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 49 of 101 (2,011 Views)

Download and run this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03286146&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Student
pprincerozier
Message 50 of 101 (1,994 Views)

i got my printer ready for eprint i don't see how to print from my compter no icon help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation