wireless acer aspire smalll note book (3248 Views)
Student
mattie1020
Message 1 of 3 (3,248 Views)

wireless acer aspire smalll note book

I bought a Acer  ASPIRE  One D150-1920 small notebook  cpu: Intel Atom processor N270    Ram: 1GB DDR 2   HDD 160 GB

wireless: 802.11b/g WLAN  I am trying to attach it to my wireless network and it wants my printer added to the hard driive of the small netbook. When I try to download the driver, it down loads then stops when installing. I left it on all night and nothing. I have tried it twice and also called ACER help, which was no help. this small notebook does not have a cd or dvd drive. I have even tried to copy my printer to a flash drive and that doesn't work. My printer is a HP Office Jet 6310 and I have the master computer and also a large wireless notebook that I do not have any problems with. It prints find.  I am getting very frustrated and just don't know what do try next.  Please help...

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 2 of 3 (3,235 Views)

Re: wireless acer aspire smalll note book

Try a manual installation of the printer (I'm assuming you're running XP on your Acer):

1. Click "Start" button --> Printers and Faxes.
  2. Under Printer Tasks, click "Add Printer".
  3. Click "Next" button on the Add Printer Wizard window.
  4. Select "Local printer attached to this computer". Deselect "Automatically detect and install My Plug and play printer". Click "Next".
  5. Under Select a Printer Port option, select "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click "Next" button.
  6. In the "Welcome to the Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard" make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to same network that your computer is connected to. Click "Next" button.
  7. Under "Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port" enter the printer's hostname. You can also use the printer's IP address if it's static. Click "Next" then click "Finish".
  8. Now, select HP from the list of manufacturers, select your printer from the list of Printer models and click 'Next' button.
  9. If you can't find your printer, you'll need to copy the contents of the install CD for the 6310 to a USB flash drive, plug that into your notebook and use the "Have Disk" option to select one of the hp*.ini files on the flash drive. Alternatively, you can select another HP printer model from the same type.
  10. Add the print spooler name and click "Next".
  11. Click "Next"
  12. Click "Next" and then "Finish"
Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
Mantczak
Message 3 of 3 (2,324 Views)

Re: wireless acer aspire smalll note book

Thank you.    FYI....for anyone else with the same problem....this worked for an Acer Aspire to connect to an HP 3050.   I picked the J610 series from the list.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation