wireless install problem with P1102w (687 Views)
Tutor
norm2
Message 1 of 2 (687 Views)

wireless install problem with P1102w

The printer was installed and worked well for some weeks. Suddenly, in the middle of one night the connection to the internet was broken. Since then although I can sometimes use the printer with a USB connection, I can't get it set up for wireless. When I try to install it as a wireless printer in one of the screens it starts to search for the printer and then the installation program breaks off.  I've tried to uninstall the printer and reinstall it as wireless but without success. Even when I use it with the USB cable it works sometimes and not others. Then I have to uninstall it and reinstall it and sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I feel very frustrated. I've followed all the suggestions I could find on the HP site and none of them work.

Please help.

Thanks.

Intern
TwinsXT
Message 2 of 2 (552 Views)

Re: wireless install problem with P1102w

I am not sure what suggestions you have found and followed on hp.com, here is something may help:

1. remove the driver on your current PC

2. double check whether your printer's IP still valid - one way you can use is to print out the configuration page by just pressing the cancel button for 5 seconds and check out the IP of the printer, Open the EWS by typing the IP in IE. If the EWS webpage can be opened, it means your printer still have valid IP. Otherwise, reset your printer's network setting by hold cancel+wireless button, and reboot the printer.

3. reinstall the driver

This is my 2 cents, hope it helps.

I am an employee of HP but I only speak for myself and not for the company.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation