wireless laptop windows 7 says my hp photosmart 6510 is offline, but printer says connected (4240 Views)
Student
gandee323
Message 1 of 3 (4,240 Views)

wireless laptop windows 7 says my hp photosmart 6510 is offline, but printer says connected

Hello, Ive only had these two items together for a couple months, then all of a sudden nothing will print from the computer. I can put my memory card or scan a photo on printer and it will print, but nothing from computer. When I go into the printer queue it says my printer is offline, but my printer says its connected to my server. The only thing I can think of that i did before this happened was deleted all the extra tool bars from internet explorer. I have unistalled and reinstalled my printer software too and still no success. So when I try to connect my computer to my printer it says "unable to find printer". Thank you! 

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 3 (4,184 Views)

Re: wireless laptop windows 7 says my hp photosmart 6510 is offline, but printer says connected

This document may help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02221706&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5058336&tmp...

007OHMSS

I am a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Honor Student
nmgyrl
Message 3 of 3 (4,179 Views)

Re: wireless laptop windows 7 says my hp photosmart 6510 is offline, but printer says connected

If you have a wireless router or DSL modem which uses DHCP to assign network addresses, check whether your printer's assigned address has changed since you set it up. Windows 7 printer setup has a command for updating that, but it would be better to reserve a specific address so it doesn't change in future. See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/how-to-change-printer-ip-addre...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation