04-11-2010 06:10 PM
I have an Officejet J4680, it will print a test page from the control panel, but not from my laptop. I purchased both new about 2 months ago and I have not been able to get the printer to work properly yet. I followed the instructions with the printer and it said the installation was successful. The message I get is " The job failed to print due to an error in the printing system " . HP laptop With Windows 7 Professional, Officejet J4680 All-in-one wireless set up.
04-11-2010 09:39 PM
From where did you install the software for the printer?
Try disabling you Windows Firewall and you security system's firewall.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
07-08-2011 05:50 AM
During certain cases, you may have completed the physical integration perfectly.
But still you may not be able to print anything.
This can be due to the absence of a driver installed on your system.
The problem can easily be averted, if you are installing the driver corresponding to the manufacturer.
You can ensure that the version corresponds to the exact version of the printer series as well.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network