Question

Honor Student
jkennedy19
Message 1 of 9 (16,598 Views)

wireless printer won't print wireless

I have an HP touchsmart and an HP photosmart c7250.  the printer won't print wirelessly.  What's the problem?  the only thing that has changed recently is I had to change the wireless SSID from WPA to WEP.

Teacher
printerplz
Message 2 of 9 (16,590 Views)

Re: wireless printer won't print wireless

You May have to reconnect it to the network by going to the Setup Menu > Network > Wireless Setup Wizard

Since you changed you network info the printer is still looking for the old settings.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own thoughts.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with Accept as Solution if it solves your issue.
Honor Student
jkennedy19
Message 3 of 9 (16,588 Views)

I did that.  It said it was happy and working, but when I tried to print/scan it said it was offline.  I tried to put it back online, but no luck.

Teacher
printerplz
Message 4 of 9 (16,586 Views)

Try adding a devices through the HP folder under the Start menu, since things have change the printer maybe at a different IP than what your driver is looking for. Let me know if that works

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own thoughts.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with Accept as Solution if it solves your issue.
Honor Student
jkennedy19
Message 5 of 9 (16,574 Views)

I've tried that also.  The printer will work when connected with the USB cord, but that's the only way.  I've run the setup wizard 3 times, it always says it's connected, but when I try to use it I get the offline or disconnected message.

I'm out of warranty and don't know if it's worthwhile paying for support or just buy a new printer.  It was working earlier today, but I couldn't scan.  When I ran the update to get it to scan, it won't work wirelessly at all.

Any help??

Student
AmyAnnG
Message 6 of 9 (13,435 Views)

I am having the exact same problem.  We got a new router for our wireless, but that was our only change.  

Won't scan, won't print wirelessly. Says it is Offline or Busy when I try to print.  

It WILL print when I email documents to the printer via the email address I was given for this purpose.  So I can at least do that, but it is really annying to have to do that everytime I want to print!

PLEASE HELP!  Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 7 of 9 (13,362 Views)

This article should help to stabilize its connection and prevent offline and busy issues:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N101

Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
Mickt
Message 8 of 9 (9,147 Views)

Cant seem to set up my HP 3050A to print wireless, any tips please, very frustrating.

printerplz wrote:

Try adding a devices through the HP folder under the Start menu, since things have change the printer maybe at a different IP than what your driver is looking for. Let me know if that works

Student
bgdasilva21
Message 9 of 9 (5,515 Views)

I'm also having the same issue and went to that link. I did everything it said (excluding the step 7 because I own a mac and it doesn't work on mac) and my problem still isn't fixed. It's very frustrating that I bought a WIRELESS printer and I have to use a cable to print. I'm about to return this product and buy a non HP printer now

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation