Question

Honor Student
volnmo
Message 1 of 4 (1,977 Views)

wpa passphrase for j4680

How do you enter a numeric character on the keypad?  I can only get it to enter alpha characters.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 4 (1,969 Views)

Re: wpa passphrase for j4680

usually, if you keep pressing a numeric button, it will cycle through all the letters and number for that key. for ex. if you keep pressing '2'. you'll get a, b, c, A, B, C, and 2.

if you find it still difficult, then i suggest you start installing the software. once it asks you the connection type, select 'Wireless', and proceed. it won't find the printer on the network, so click on Next to configure the printer using a temporary USB connection. this way, you can enter the WPA key on your computer rather than on the printer itself.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
tfunk002
Message 3 of 4 (1,961 Views)

i dont  understand what you are saying.

could you please be more specific

thaks

Terry

Honor Student
volnmo
Message 4 of 4 (1,960 Views)

on the numeric keypad on the printer i'm trying to enter a number as part of my passphrase..but unlike a phone, each button only cycles thru the alpha characters.

I'm going to try to use the USB method and enter the passphrase on the computer itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation