03-16-2009 11:10 AM
if you find it still difficult, then i suggest you start installing the software. once it asks you the connection type, select 'Wireless', and proceed. it won't find the printer on the network, so click on Next to configure the printer using a temporary USB connection. this way, you can enter the WPA key on your computer rather than on the printer itself.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
03-16-2009 01:41 PM
on the numeric keypad on the printer i'm trying to enter a number as part of my passphrase..but unlike a phone, each button only cycles thru the alpha characters.
I'm going to try to use the USB method and enter the passphrase on the computer itself.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network