Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2130
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
I am trying to install this printer with the HP Easy Start, but having no luck. When I select the printer I want to use, it says that I need to make sure that my computer is connected to the Internet. My computer is connected to the Internet and I fail to see the problem. Help!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Directly download and install the software below:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-esse...

Once done open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and click the plus sign to add your printer, be sure to select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Having the same issue on my Mac... Although my model is an Ink Advantage 2136, it is only giving me the installation download for a 2130, and then I am getting the exact same message "cannot set up the device"... I am connected to the internet and I am using an operating system that supports the product (10.8.5).

Please assist, thank you

HP Recommended

Hi,
Directly download and install the software below:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-esse...

Once done open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and click the plus sign to add your printer, be sure to select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu.

Regards,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

The installation completed, and I see the printer listed on the printer list... however, nothing will print. It says the printer is idle and the power light keeps flashing.

I've installed printers about a dozen times, but have never encountered an issue like this.. Very dissapointing.

Please help, otherwise will need to lug the printer back to the store...

HP Recommended

The blinking stopped because I shut the ink cartridge cover, but it still won't print and hardware won't even make any type of response when I click print. Just when I click print, the printer icon with the red circle pops up at the bottom, disappears, and nothing happens.

HP Recommended

Can you successfully copy from the printer front panel itself?

Can you see the power light on and not other blinking lights?

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

I am currently having the same issue with my printer, did you get a resolution that you would be able to share? I am almost ready to take it straight back to the shop as it is driving me crazy!

Thank you very much in advance, 

Lauren.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I saw your post on how to set up the Deskjet 2130 on a Mac but I can't find the page. 

Could you help?

Thanks in advance.

P

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.