Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows XP

I just want to know if I can put an icon on my task bar for this printer.  Could always easily do it on my other HP printers but can't figure this out.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@myrnascott

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you need help with creating a shortcut of your printer icon on the taskbar,

I'll love to help, however, I must let you know that neither HP nor Microsoft supports XP anymore and providing information on obsolete software could be challenging,

That said, have you tried to create a shortcut of your printer from the printers folder and dragging it to the taskbar? if not you might want to try it.

The other options include a system restore if you had the icon in there before but it isn't available now.

If you need more details, try the below steps:

Click on Start and then Control Panel; find the Printer Control Panel and click it open. Give a right-click on the icon for your printer and select Create Shortcut from the menu that appears. This will place a shortcut on the desktop that can be clicked to call up the printer settings whenever desired.

If you have the Quick Launch toolbar activated, you can drag the icon down onto the bar next to Start and a tiny icon will appear there. If you don't have Quick Launch active, just right-click in the blue bar next to the Start button and select Toolbars from the pop-up menu that appears. There will be a listing for Quick Launch.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll try draggig.  It is my husband's machine and he won't get a new one.  I use Windows 10 so have no problems right now.

HP Recommended

@myrnascott,

You are welcome.

I understand that you will try the steps provided in the previous email and get back to us.

Please follow the steps and let us know the results. I also appreciate your time and patience.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.