Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
7520 e-all-in-one series print
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer previously was able to get to web services, now it won't reconnect.  I've looked through the message boards and tried all the fixes listed. Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software. Went through the selecting network address, DNS server, and applied the suggested settings. I'm ready to give up! Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I expect all cheap printers (yes, all cheap printers) from all vendors now have a timespan from 3 to 5 years, not 20 years , because OS'es will simply kill them and support them become nightmare also very costly for vendors.

My point is: I won't expect cheap printers (compare with printers 10 years ago) can live longer than 5 years.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your printer is NOT on the list

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05211712

But I read a similar message for Photosmart 7520 on forum. Hope someone from HP will confirm this.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much banhien. That's about the time I started having problems. I thought it was like the earlier folks had posted. No wonder none of those fixes worked. Darn! I understand why you can only support something for so long but HP printers seem to be "throw away" unlike my Brother one I've used for almost 20 years. 

HP, please verify since my model is not specifically listed. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I expect all cheap printers (yes, all cheap printers) from all vendors now have a timespan from 3 to 5 years, not 20 years , because OS'es will simply kill them and support them become nightmare also very costly for vendors.

My point is: I won't expect cheap printers (compare with printers 10 years ago) can live longer than 5 years.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Hi,

In order to use web services with your printer you must install the latest firmware.

Install the latest firmware below, restart the printer and try again, than the printer should successfully conect to HP web services:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Photosmart-7520-e-All-in-One-Printer-se...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I will try this again, but I did download the latest yesterday and it did not fix it.  I think there is a post after mine with the same problem.  Thanks for responding.

HP Recommended

Did you try downloading the Firmware that was issued in September, 2016 and if yes, did it fix your problem? I have a Apple Mac-only environment so since the Firmware is not available as a download to an Apple Mac PC, I will probably need to borrow a Windows laptop and try to see if this new firmware fixes the problem.

HP Recommended

Yes. I did have to uninstall and reinstall twice to get it to work. Many of the web services have changed or are not available. It does everything I need now though. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your feedback. I was able to borrow a Windows laptop late today and was able to download the firmware from September ( ELM1CN1607AR ) and it does work, meaning that the Scan to email function works again.  I will test the scanning to USB drive shortly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.