Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP M1212
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

I loaded about 150 print jobs into my printer and when I went to print the next day (today), they were all gone. My error console says 'aborting job because it has no files' and 'Bad file number 1 on line whatever, (2160, 2170 etc.)

Any idea what's going on and more importantly is there anyway to get the jobs back.  Please?

Thanks in advance for your kind support, This is the second time this has happened. Actually the third. First my computer crashed with all the print info in it. I had to buy a new one and I entered the print info and shazamm! it disappeared. Today, after forgetting what happened the first time, I did it again. It takes hours to get the jobs I'm trying to print and I'm way behind on my work.

BonnieJW

:Crying:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It looks like the "aborting jobs because it has no files" error is from the CUPS (Apple) printing system and is related to connection issues.

Quite possibly because the printer was not connected.

Unfortunately I am unable to chat live.

Is the printer printing correvtly now that it is connected?

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello BonnieJW,

From your post it is difficult to tell exactly what happened.  But it sounds like you queued up 150 jobs to your M1212 in Mac OS 10.6, but waited till this morning to actually print them.  Is that correct? Or did they start printing and then during the night the error occurred?

I guess in the end it probably does not matter.  If the Mac purged the print jobs from the queue it is very unlikely you can retrieve them. Especially if the Mac was rebooted.

I am unsure exactly what would cause that particular error, but it sounds as though something being printed was corrupted.

Is the printer working now?

HP Recommended

No, it isn't. As I said, when I looked at the error log on my mac it said 'bad file number 1 on line ____  and it was repeated for differtn lines 150 times. it also said 'aborting jobs because it has no files.' They were there yesterday, I didn't check before I hooked my computer up to the printer, but I assume they were. I"m guessing they disappeared when i hit print.

Any ideas you can come up woth would be very appreciated. I'm going to have to re-enter the print info, so maybe I can chat with you before I hit print? Or we can do a test?

Bonniejw 

HP Recommended

It looks like the "aborting jobs because it has no files" error is from the CUPS (Apple) printing system and is related to connection issues.

Quite possibly because the printer was not connected.

Unfortunately I am unable to chat live.

Is the printer printing correvtly now that it is connected?

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the advice. I think you're correct. My computer said printer not connected even though it was. I went ahead and hit print. I guess that's where I made my mistake. I'll make sure it doesn't say not connected next time I hit print.

Thanks so much for getting back to me!!

Bonnie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.