Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

After hours wasted with HP Techs in chat & email, your workaround seems to work for me.

• Which version did you start with ? eg Vista SP2 32 Bit - Vista SP2 32-bit
  • Which version of Windows 7 did you end up installing ? eg Win7 64 Bit - Win7 Home Prem 32-bit
  • What hp printer was installed in old version of windows?  eg C7280 - both c7280 wireless & HP970Cxi on a wireless server
  • Where did the installed software for the printer come from eg CD or Web Download - both CD, then latest software DL from HP

If CD if you can find it now what is the number written on it? - version 10.0.1

If web download approximatly when you downloaded it? - version 13.1.0 downloaded 11/13/2009

• How is the printer connected to your PC ? eg US, Wired Network or Wireless - wireless
  • Any other printers installed on your PC? - HP970 Cxi connected wireless via print server
  • Lastly the version of the printer driver that is currently installed that will not enable you to print? -13.1.0
HP Recommended

Can you tell the probable cause and resolution for the Print job disappearing from the print queue in Window 7 operating system. This is the common issue with most of the HP printers having full feature printer driver and integrated printer driver.

Checked port

Checked printer status in device manager

Spooler restarted

USB port restarted.

Please assist

HP Recommended

I am running Windows Vista with HP 750 PSC

The computer recognizes the printer...sends info to the que and then nothing.

I have a Brother laser printer that is working via the network. 

I have unistalled and reinstalled the printer.  Sharing is on on the host machine.

Any advise or work around would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem as the other posters but I have a PSC 1210v all in one.  Everything was working fine until Saturday morning when my Windows XP print spooler program wigged out.  Microsoft, after 2 hours, got my other two printers going but not the HP. 

I am using Windows XP Pro, haven't upgraded to Win 7

I can print the  page you get after installing a new cartridge.  I can scan, copy, etc.  Just a SERIOUS communication problem from computer to printer.

I reinstalled driver from disk, uninstalled drivers and installed drivers from website.  Still, same issue.

I know there is nothing wrong with the printer because it will print, just not documents from my PC.

Help???  I have wasted way too much time on this and don't want to go out and buy another printer when it works.

HP Recommended

Oh, I forgot.  I have a USB connection from the PC direct to the printer.

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem with my F2280, also Running vista.

As with gravesdiggers I have reinstalled driver from disk,

likewise from website. Still, same issue.

The printer prints but anything at all from my PC.

The printing jobs allways getting stuck in the queue.

The printer worked fine with my previous PC, a DEll, running XP Home.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem too!

I'm using Windows Vista 64 (and also tried Windows 7 64 both Home Premium).  HP Deskjet 710c.  Works on the machine with XP (32bit) installed.  Format and install either of the other two and the printer won't print.  Windows 7 gets spooler problems, Vista causes the paper to be picked out of the tray, but nothing else.  There's no HP driver for 64 bit versions (unless I missed something), but Windows detects the printer and installs its own.  I've posted to Microsoft's forums and their printing team advised me that:

"I confirmed that the driver terminates on the x64 platform.  You will need to ask HP to fix this one.  There are a couple other models that use the same core components that also fail on x64.

the failure is in this function
HPVSCP50!SwathCutter::SelectFormat"

Can someone help?  The printer is listed on the Hardware compatibility lists!

Many thanks,

David

HP Recommended

JonW:

- I have what looks like the same problem.  My info:

• I installed Win 7 32 bit  over Vista.  Have a C5280 printer [HP Photosmart C5200 series (61.71.244.0)]
  • Printer WORKED FINE upon completion of the Win 7 upgrade.
  • I wanted to have the HP Solution Center as it didn't auto-upgrade.
  • I downloaded the "complete driver/software-install package" from the HP web (311MB)
  • Whamo!  No print since then.
  • I've tried various update, reinstall processes.  No luck.
  • Current status:
  • HP Solution Center (it did get installed out of the 311M update), upon being invoked reports: "cannot run because your device installation is not complete"
  • Interesting:  If I delete every 5200 driver from the system and re-run the 311MB install, it seemingly won't install a driver.  If I let Win 7 "rediscover" the device via a USB new plug-in, it will install a driver, but problem not solved, no print.
  • Interesting:  I have new notebook computer, Win 7 32 from the factory.   I plug the C5280 into it, installed drivers, works.

I'd be very pleased to work with you via email or call.

HP Recommended

Dear Troysoft99

Thanks for posting this solution.  Worked for me!

HP Recommended

Peocedure posted by Troysoft99 has me printing again, haven't tried multi-function capabilites at this point.

Re: Printer is installed but nothing Prints

I appear to have a solution!

In Devices & Printers, highlight the printer and then click on Print server properties at the top.

Go back to the original window and remove the printer (or else the next step won't work). Then in the Print server properties window, remove the driver only.

Back in Devices and Printers, re-add the printer. Now in the printer's properties / about, it reports the same version as the ones that work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.