Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm working on a MacBook Pro, MAC OS v10.7. Pretty old system but it's worked just fine up to today. My M225dw Laserjet disconnected from my network. I attempted to troubleshoot by removing it from my settings, then re-adding it by downloading the driver. Well now everytime I try to download the driver, it won't download. :HalfEyes:

It seems like a lot of people keep having this issue. I wish I could find the stupid CD, but I should be able to download this file easily. I've tried Firefox, Safari, can't use Chrome because it crashes my computer.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Crissy009, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to download the software for your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dw.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

The full feature drivers are not available for this unit. However, you may add the built-in drivers from apple update.  

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Crissy009, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to download the software for your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dw.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

The full feature drivers are not available for this unit. However, you may add the built-in drivers from apple update.  

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello@Crissy009,

Thanks for the response.

Glad to know that the printer is back online again.

The solution provided worked for you.

You can reach HP Support Forums for any HP Product related queries.

Cheers. Happy posting.

Advance Christmas and New Year wishes to you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.