Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart B110a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I downloaded the printer driver software for Windows 10 in July 2016 (shows as version 14.0) I did not uninstall the existing software.

However existing printer titled 'Photosmart B110' mostly worked except when there were occasional conflicts with defaulting to another printer device with a slightly different title dhcppc1 (Photosmart B110)  and kept flashing 'upgrade'.

So I decided to uninstall the driver and start again but I can't uninstall as I get the message  "Another program is being installed.  Please wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again". 

Also if I try downloading the driver from HP support (version 14.8.0) I get the same message "Another program is being installed.  Please wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again" so I am stuck.

I removed my original printer (well the icon has disappeared) and just have the dhcppc1 icon showing but it says 'driver unavailable'. presumably as the software has not completed download.

I postponed attempting upgrade to Win 10 as long as possible as i had such a problem with the printer software when I upgraded to Win 8....now its happening all over again.

Can anyone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I seem to have cleared this issue by  repeatedly clicking the 'cancel' button provided with the 'another installation in progress...' pop-up box; it looked like there were multiple HP clean-ups all going on simultaneously , each with own 'another installation in progress... ' pop-up box? Eventuially the last clean-up was titled 'Photosmart B110' and then something happened (not sure whether the uninstall took place) as somehow the programs are all still listed (as original versions).

However the new printer icon dhcppc1 Photosmart B110 is now connected and seems to be printing including some documents it didn't before.

HP Recommended

@RWindley

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I'm glad to know that the issue with the HP Photosmart B110a printer has been fixed by you. Thanks for letting us know. 

Feel free to reachout to us for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.