Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I'm trying to install the Full HP package for my printer from page (http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-100-color-mfp-m175/4208157/model/420...).  I successfully downloaded the software and double-clicked.  The installer launches and says Verifying "HP LaserJet SW OSX Mavericks"... and just sits there.  The progress bar doesn't update; it just sits there forever.

I have the printer physically connected via USB.  I want to configure it to work via WiFi, and I want to be able to use the scanner capabilities like I have in the past via Windows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Loroki,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you are trying to install your HP LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw printer, on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan. And, I am happy to help! 

To confirm the printer's hardware is functional, are you able to print a configuration report? Printing a Configuration Report

In the meantime, please try the steps within this guide, Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (OS X), and let me know the results! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this guide helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Loroki,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you are trying to install your HP LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw printer, on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan. And, I am happy to help! 

To confirm the printer's hardware is functional, are you able to print a configuration report? Printing a Configuration Report

In the meantime, please try the steps within this guide, Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (OS X), and let me know the results! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this guide helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Totally, weird but the printer magically showed up after a bit.  Not sure what needed to happen, but it works now.  All good.  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.