Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
office jet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have aquestion on how printed pages are counted for instant ink.  I have been watching the number of pages that I print and it is not what shows up under instant ink.  It looks like it is counting the number of pages that are sent to the printer, not the actual pages printed.  I have been getting a lot of printing errors  sending to the printer.  The pages never print, but I think the count is adding to my instant ink pages.  Can you let me know if this is true.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Rahfreedom,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're concerned about blank pages being counted towards your page counts. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It is always a good idea to check your ink levels and settings before printing. If you get an error message and the page does not pass through the printer, it will not count as a page. The paper needs to go through the printer to be counted.

How many pages do you think were counted in error? 

In addition,"Page counts are not recorded in real time. Printed pages are automatically recorded about once per day and reflected in your Print History on the date they were printed provided that the printer is connected to the Internet via WiFi or Ethernet. If pages are printed when the printer is not connected to the Internet (offline), those pages will be recorded on the date the printer comes back online. Pages printed without using Instant Ink cartridges are not recorded."

Please send me a private message with your account number or email address and I will take a look at your account. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. Smiley Happy 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.