Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530e
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, looking for advice for my father. He has a HP Envy 5530e which has developed this problem; when he selects the print menu on the Windows 10 toolbar the printer immediately starts churning out blank paper BEFORE he actually clicks on the 'Print' button. As I am not familiar with his model of printer I do not know what advice to give, I have looked at online manuals but can't see any suitable answers. Also he lives at a distance so we are trying to resolve this over the phone to each other.

He is not online, if that is any help.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Suki17,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are having issues with blank sheets coming out before even sending the 'Print' command. I would be happy to help you. 

It sounds like some documents are stuck in the Print Queue and possibly the Print Spooler. Try this document: Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows).

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Suki17,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are having issues with blank sheets coming out before even sending the 'Print' command. I would be happy to help you. 

It sounds like some documents are stuck in the Print Queue and possibly the Print Spooler. Try this document: Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows).

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02

Thanks, I managed to help Dad out,  found he'd built up a huge queue of print jobs by constantly re-trying to print. It turns out he had got very low on ink, so the printer was producing blank sheets because it was simply trying to clear the queue. Simple answer really, guided him on how to clear all print jobs and a neighbour is going to help him replace the ink cartridges - well, he is 88, bless!

Thanks for response.

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know that you got everything all figured out, @Suki17.

{Happy Dance :)}

Have a wonderful day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.