Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C6280 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since Windows 10 was installed, whenever I try to print I get a box saying Automatic Two-Sided Printing Module Missing, with the following text:

The document has been configured to print using the Automatic Two-Sided Printing Module but the module is not installed in the device.

The document will be printed one-sided. 

I have installed the latest HP drivers and Windows 10 updates are up to date.  I had no issue when using Windows 7 prior to the Windows 10 upgrade. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  HP Print and Scan Doctor did one test print OK but not the next, it advised me to uninstall and reinstall the software.  I uninstalled and then used HP Print and Scan Doctor again - it told me I didn't have the latest software and allowed me to download and install it, which I did (after many problems with my broadband connection downloading 295mb).  Ran HP Print and Scan Doctor again - all OK.  Tried print (from MS Word) and allOK, no message about duplex.  Hurray!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @AndyHorne

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you are getting the message, Automatic Two-Sided Printing Module Missing with your HP Photosmart c6280 printer. I am happy to help! 

For now, please try our HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

Remember to please return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this will resolve your issue! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  HP Print and Scan Doctor did one test print OK but not the next, it advised me to uninstall and reinstall the software.  I uninstalled and then used HP Print and Scan Doctor again - it told me I didn't have the latest software and allowed me to download and install it, which I did (after many problems with my broadband connection downloading 295mb).  Ran HP Print and Scan Doctor again - all OK.  Tried print (from MS Word) and allOK, no message about duplex.  Hurray!

HP Recommended

Hi AndyHorne, 

Thank you for your response! 

If I helped, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' on my post above. And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I've already marked this as solution accepted - there is no longer a button to click to do it again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.