Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
C7180 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot download all the sytem requirements for my C-7180 All-In-One but it went far enough that I can print from it but, I am connected through the wifi here because when I try the USB connection the PC doe's not see the printer when I attach the USB cable so I used the wireless network and that works. I have images-screenshots- of the issues and that wold be very helpful but I don't see a place to include them. The HP Solution center desktop shortcut will not work but I can use the printer face-plate interface to scan with. Any help out there?:):)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Flmngseabass, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that solution center will not work on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC or printer?

The HP solution center is for older printer models and hence has a compatibility issue while running in Windows 10 environment. The issue might have been caused by recent updates on your computer. I would suggest you a workaround by changing the compatibility on the drivers. Follow the steps below (Check the fig below for ref):
Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them. (Including the HP solution center)
Restart your computer.
Go to http://hp.care/2cUbV17 and download and save the full feature driver file (Do not run the file, just download and save it to your desktop or download folder)
Now go to the download location, right-click on the driver file and select “Properties”.
Under “Compatibility” tab, check the box which says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select “Windows 8” (In fig, I have selected Windows 7, but make sure you select Windows 8).
Also, select the box “Run this program as an administrator”.
Apply and save the settings.
Now, double-click and run the program.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.