04-14-2009 12:22 AM - edited 04-14-2009 01:00 AM
Situation: Brand new Toshiba - Satellite L305 - S5944 connected wirelessly to C7250 AI1. Printer will print normally but will not complete a scan of docs or pics when using the solution center or front panel buttons, however the all AI1 functions are normal for the two other computers on this network.
The system starts to scan but never shows the scanned image - resulting in the an error message "A error occurred while communicating with the HP imaging device. Try the following steps. After each step, try scanning again"
- All computers are running the same OS (Vista Ultimate).
- The new Toshiba was wiped and a fresh copy of the OS installed.
- All devices are on the same network and are able to see eachother
- All HP updates including communication patch have been applied
- Printer has been reset to factory defaults
- Level 3 s/w uninstall performed using msicuu2 hp driver removal tool
- Drivers reinstalled using most current driver from the HP site (s/w 100.000.206.000) (driver 188.8.131.52)
- Both systems have been power cycled numerous times.
Device Serial # MY78OG402004YG Firmware Version: VIxxFN0724AR