Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C8180 All-in-One
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Have been unable to scan since upgrading to OSX 10.12. Tried all the potential solutions listed for other HP printers/scanners on this and other online forums, as I can't seem to find specific information for the C8180. Most common recommendation has been to use HP Easy Scan, but that app doesn't recognize my scanner as being connected.  The scanner option no longer exists on my menu in System Preferences. Printing functions work normally, but the scan function is no longer recognized within any of the software I've tried. Additional suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RB30

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8615 e-All-in-One Printer and unable to scan in Mac OSX 10.12. I read that you have tried the previous suggestions but it did not work. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I did some research and found that the HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for OS X contains the print and scan drivers for the Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One and these drivers should be compatible fo your printer too. 

I suggest you to try out the below steps: http://hp.care/2flF56z

• Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: 
  • From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
  • Click the Plus sign.
  • Select the listed Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One.
  • Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
  • Select the Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One from the list.
  • Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

You may then try to use the Apple Image Capture or the HP Easy Scan app to scan.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey there! @trevorpizzey, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand you have scanning issue after upgrading to OSX 10.12.

I have checked your printer compatibility with OSX 10.12.

Your printer can only print on OSX 10.12 but you do not have the option of scanning in OSX 10.12.

Refer this compatibility guide from apple for more information.

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, that chart shows the C8100 series can both print and scan. The Photosmart 8100 series can only print, but the Photosmart C8100 series is supposed to be supposed for both.

HP Recommended

@trevorpizzey, thanks for the response.

Thanks for correcting me there, I was looking at OfficeJet 8100.

Since your printer can do both scan and print in OSX 10.12.

Please update the print driver to 5.0 from apple website directly.

Link to install 5.0 patch.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a OfficeJet Pro 8615, and I am having the same issue.  I tried your suggestion, and it does not make any difference.  When will there be a fix for the HP Scanning software?

HP Recommended

@RB30

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8615 e-All-in-One Printer and unable to scan in Mac OSX 10.12. I read that you have tried the previous suggestions but it did not work. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I did some research and found that the HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for OS X contains the print and scan drivers for the Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One and these drivers should be compatible fo your printer too. 

I suggest you to try out the below steps: http://hp.care/2flF56z

• Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: 
  • From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
  • Click the Plus sign.
  • Select the listed Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One.
  • Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
  • Select the Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One from the list.
  • Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

You may then try to use the Apple Image Capture or the HP Easy Scan app to scan.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I had done all these steps before.  This time I added the printer again (so now my computer shows this printer twice), and now it seems to be working.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.