Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just bought an OfficeJet pro 8710.  In the past, I've been able to create posters (2x2, 3x3) on other HP Printers.  Is it possible to do that with this printer?  How would I do that?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A such cannot be done with any urrent print driver, such capabilities were offered by older printers some years ago..

You may set an alternate driver as a workaround as following:

1. Open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
  2. Click Add Printer.
  3. Press "The printer that I want isn't listed".
  4. Select a Local printer or a network printer with manual configuration.
  5. Select an existing port, keep it as LPT and press Next.
  6. Select HP, then select the HP Deskjet 6940 model from the list.
    Note: if it isn't listed press Windows Update and wait severa minutes, then it will be added.
  7. Follow the steps to complete the wizard and add the printer.
  8. Right click the 8710, select Pritner Properties and open the ports tab. take a note of the used port and close this dialog.
  9. Right click the 6940, select Pritner Properties and open the ports tab. check the same port as used by the 8710 and press OK.

Now try printing, within Printing Preferences select the Finishing tab and set "Pages per sheet and Posters" as you would like.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

A such cannot be done with any urrent print driver, such capabilities were offered by older printers some years ago..

You may set an alternate driver as a workaround as following:

1. Open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
  2. Click Add Printer.
  3. Press "The printer that I want isn't listed".
  4. Select a Local printer or a network printer with manual configuration.
  5. Select an existing port, keep it as LPT and press Next.
  6. Select HP, then select the HP Deskjet 6940 model from the list.
    Note: if it isn't listed press Windows Update and wait severa minutes, then it will be added.
  7. Follow the steps to complete the wizard and add the printer.
  8. Right click the 8710, select Pritner Properties and open the ports tab. take a note of the used port and close this dialog.
  9. Right click the 6940, select Pritner Properties and open the ports tab. check the same port as used by the 8710 and press OK.

Now try printing, within Printing Preferences select the Finishing tab and set "Pages per sheet and Posters" as you would like.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @tr53,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.  Apologies for jumping in here.

If you need help on how to install alternative printer driver, this relevant example will show you how.  

Although it's trying to install an alternative driver for HP Officejet Pro 8730 using the HP Officejet Pro 8720, follow the steps and instead of HP Officejet Pro 8720, choose HP Deskjet 6940 as suggested by @ShlomiL

HP Officejet Pro 8730/8740 : Print Borderless photos

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks!  Your instructions worked - very easy to follow. 

HP Recommended

Hi @tr53,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.