Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HI, 

everytime I try to run an update i get the following error message:

Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Officejet 5740 series - Error 0x8024200b

Please can someone tell me how I can fix this? 

I have not got any unrecognised devices on the laptop, the network printer is set as default... I have removed and reinstalled the printer but still the same message comes up. ... please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try these steps :

1)  Start => Settings => Devices => ...click and REMOVE DEVICE:  a) HP Officejet 5740 and, b) Null Print - HP Officejet 5740 series

2)  Uninstalled all the components of HP Officejet 5740 series in the following order

HP Update

Product Improvement...

HP Officejet 5740 series series Help

HP Officejet 5740 series Basic Device Software

3)  Right clicked the Start button => Clicked DEVICE MANAGER => (under my PC's) Printers => ....clicked to highlight the Null Print => Action pull down menu => UNINSTALL

4)  Restart your PC 

5) Install the downloaded/saved full feature of the HP printer 

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

6)  Restart PC again, checked the DEVICE MANAGER (from right clicked start selection) - NULL PRINT should be gone!, checked the DEVICES from SETTINGS (Start => Settings), No NULL PRINT this time - AND -the correct HP printer is now installed!

7) Go ahead and check for updates,  PC should update and no errors should appear.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try these steps :

1)  Start => Settings => Devices => ...click and REMOVE DEVICE:  a) HP Officejet 5740 and, b) Null Print - HP Officejet 5740 series

2)  Uninstalled all the components of HP Officejet 5740 series in the following order

HP Update

Product Improvement...

HP Officejet 5740 series series Help

HP Officejet 5740 series Basic Device Software

3)  Right clicked the Start button => Clicked DEVICE MANAGER => (under my PC's) Printers => ....clicked to highlight the Null Print => Action pull down menu => UNINSTALL

4)  Restart your PC 

5) Install the downloaded/saved full feature of the HP printer 

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

6)  Restart PC again, checked the DEVICE MANAGER (from right clicked start selection) - NULL PRINT should be gone!, checked the DEVICES from SETTINGS (Start => Settings), No NULL PRINT this time - AND -the correct HP printer is now installed!

7) Go ahead and check for updates,  PC should update and no errors should appear.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.