Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7515
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First, the printer worked fine prior to June when a patch crashed Win7 and I had to reinstall the OS. I immediately upgraded to Windows 10; I'm currently running Windows Anniversary Update (AU). I did not reinstall the printer prior to last night. I'm running Windows 10 on a a fully loaded Alienware 18. I'm writing this from that computer so I'm connected to the Internet and I'm connected wirelessly.

I download the 2016 update (PS7510_1315-1.exe) displayed for my printer and it installed but when it came time to connect to the printer, it failed - can't see the printer.

I have reconfigured the printer twice and during each setup, the printer sees all of the wireless networks (to include mine), I select my network, the printer asks for the passphrase to my network and then it successfully connects to my SSID. I print out the Wireless Network Test Results with the bottom line of "no problems found" for the correct SSID. My computer is connected to the same SSID. On the printer, the wireless blue light is solid on and the signal strength displayed on the printer is also showing strong.

I then logged into my router and refreshed all the known connected systems. The display showed four wireless devices, one being the printer. The printer only showed the MAC address, not a name or IP address like the other three so I restarted the routed with the same results. I then opened a command window in the OS and pinged the IP address - that failed with 'request timed out' and 'destination host unreachable'.

So, I'm looking for help. The printer says it's wirelessly connected correctly with good signal strength and a DHCP IP address that is also in the proper range. I also tried the host name: dhcppc3 and that didn't work (didn't actually expect it to since the IP didn't work but wanted to be thorough).
In advance, thank you!

Nick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LoneRider,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your connection issue.

I understand that you are rying to connect an HP Photosmart 7515 e-All-in-One Printer wirelessly to a Windows 10 computer but the installation failed because it was not able to find the printer. I would like to help with that.

Here is a support document intended for use with this issue - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @LoneRider,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your connection issue.

I understand that you are rying to connect an HP Photosmart 7515 e-All-in-One Printer wirelessly to a Windows 10 computer but the installation failed because it was not able to find the printer. I would like to help with that.

Here is a support document intended for use with this issue - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Your solution worked! And, after following your directions, the printer is now showing up in the router with an IP address and a name. 

Thank you!

Nick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.