Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5620 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer was offline, when I tried to reinstall it, I got a message that the install failed. Tried to remove and reinstall, same result. I had this problem when I first went to Windows 10, but I don't remember what I did to resolve the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

The Print & Scan Doctor initially took me through the same steps that I ran numerous times yesterday with no success. I then skipped the Driver tab and went to solving the issue. I ran a test page and the first time it was only black print but then I cleaned and aligned the printheads and it seems to be good to go. Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Back to the same problem as last post. I tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it with the installation CD - even that wouldn't work. I really used to love this printer before these issues started and I'd really hate to replace it. please help!!

HP Recommended

Hi @coencide

You can't use the CD, think the CD doesn't support Win 10. (Win 10 OS came out much later)

Can you try using this wizard to download and install the FULL feature sofwtare?

The following resource will help you :

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Tried that, still get the install failed message, but thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

HI,

Can you confirm you printer model? Is it Officejet 5620 or other model?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.