Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hi AlliBee,
My preferred connection is Ethernet. I upgraded from windows8.1 to windows 10. I have a Lnovo T540p laptop.
I appreciate your efforts.
Regards,
Tuviaap
HP Recommended

Hi AlliBee,

My preferred connection is Ethernet. I have a Lenovo T540p which I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tuviaap

HP Recommended

Hi AlliBee,

I haven't heard from you for a while. Any thoughts regarding my problem?

Regards,

Tuviaap

HP Recommended

Hi @tuviaap,

The people I checked with are out of the office. I'm trying to find someone else to help.

Sorry for the delay.

AlliBee

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
HP Recommended

Hi @tuviaap,

Have you tried to disconnect the Ethernet cable, and install the printer as a local device (connected via USB)? If you can install the printer as a local device, we know that the software and Win 10 work together and you have network issue. 

Also, make sure printer is properly joined to the network. Make sure "File and printer sharing" is allowed in the network adapter (Control Panel > Network and sharing center) and in the firewall. If these settings are not correct, there is no way you can add the printer via network setup.

Finally to setup the printer as a network printer, go to Control Panel > "Devices and Printers" > Add printer > Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. If the printer is properly joined to the network, the printer should auto appear there. A window might pop-up asking to install the drivers. You should be able to point to the already installed drivers. 

Let me know what happens.

AlliBee

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
HP Recommended

Hi AlliBee,

The CM1312nfi MFP works fine. Some time ago I installed the upd-pcl6-x64-5.9.0.18326 driver and the printer works fine as a network printer. 

However, I don't have access to the scanner functions of the printer. So I tried to install the complete solution package CM1312series-win7-full-solution-AM-EMEA1-v5.1, and this didn't work which started this round of help.

Can you help?

Regards,

Tuviaap

HP Recommended

Hi @tuviaap,

Have you gone through the steps to enable WIA? Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is a service in the Windows operating system that supports communication between the computer and scanners. If WIA is disabled, manually restart the service and any of its dependencies.

1. Search Windows for "view local services", then click the View local services Control panel setting in the list of results.
    The Services window opens.
  2. Find Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) in the Name column, right click it, then click Properties.
  3. Click the Dependencies tab, then note any of the following services listed in the window.
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    • Shell Hardware Detection
    • RPC Endpoint Mapper
    • DCOM Server Process Launcher
  4. Return to the Services window and make sure all the services in the previous step display a Started status. If any are not started, right-click the name and click Start, then right-click Windows Image Acquisition and click Restart.
  5. Search Windows for "run", click Run in the list of results, type "regsvr32 shimgvw.dll" in the window, then press Enter.
  6. After a popup window displays, click OK, then start the Windows Image Acquisition service again.
  7. Try to scan.

Let me know how this goes.

AlliBee

HP Recommended

Hi AlliBee,

The Shell Hardware Detection did not appear in the WIA, but in the services window all 4 appear and the status is running.

I tried to run the command regsvr32 shimgvw.dll, but this is what happened;

Capture2.JPG

and finally, how do I start the scanning from my computer?

Regards,

Tuviaap

HP Recommended

Hi @tuviaap,

It might be best if you contact Microsoft support since that error is related to Windows. Perhaps there is a corruption in your OS from when you upgraded.

You don't have to have the HP software to be able to scan. Here is a page that lists the other methods to scan to your PC: Scan Without HP Software (Windows 10)

AlliBee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.