Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4500 G510g-m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 autimatically installed basic drivers for my HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m  and I can print files, but I need Solution Center for additional features (for example to check ink levels), so I tried to install Full Software Suite (v 14.8.0). Installation started O.K. with Download and Install Assistant, product got recognized (it's connected via USB cable) but then I got these installation errors:

slika.JPG

greska.JPG

What is this error and how do I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So I found solutin that works for me. I didn't get to the point where I could use HP sowftware for using scanner, but I managed to use it with some other open source sofware. So here is what I have done:

1. Uninstall HP OJ 4500 with L4 uninstaller (Windows key + R; type %temp%; press OK; go to the installation folder of HP OJ 4500 - folder that starts with 7z...; go to "util" and then to "ccc" folder and run Uninstall_L4.bat). It will probably report error on first sequence of unistallation. Just click on close and continue with uninstallation pressing on "continue" and "ok" until it offers "finish". Click on "finish" and it should automatically restart.
  2. Afer restart delete installation folder in temp folder, and just to be sure I run CCleaner (first regular cleaner, and then registry cleaner also).
  3. Go to "Devices and Printers" and remove HP OJ 4500 if it is still there. Afterwards click on ony printer and than click on "Print server properties" button on upper bar. Go to the "Drivers" tab and remove HP OJ 4500 drivers from the list if there is any. 
  4. Go to HP soulutin centar page and download installation for HP OJ 4500 G510g-m for Windows 7 (64bit), not for Windows 10.
  5. Run installation file. After extraction click on "Exit" on setup windows that will pop out.
  6. Go to temp folder again, then to installation folder (one that starts with 7z...), there should be another folder named "OJ4500vG510g-m_Full_13_en". In this folder right click on Setup.exe file, click on Properties, go to Compatibility tab and chech box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose "Windows 7". Do the same with hpzmsi01.exe file in "setup" folder (I'm not sure if it is mandatory, so I did it anyway).
  7. Now right click on "Setup.exe" again, and click on "Run as administrator". Now just follow the installation. It should go smoothly up to the point of device configuration, and then it just get stuck waiting for "SLP" to reply on 88% or 89% of configuration (at least it did in my case). Btw I'm using LAN connection, so maybe some things would be different for you.
  8. Now comes the tricky part since I forgot the exact name of process that should be ended in task manager. Find one with "hp" in its name and that is consuming some amount of CPU. End it, but be sure not to end the process of installation (at this point this one should not be consuming any CPU resource, as I remember).
  9. Bring the installation to the and without further device configuring. At this point the device should be installed. You can check it in "Devices and Printers". There should be "HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m" and "HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m fax".
  10. Right click on Solution center" icon and go to Properties. Go to Compatibility tab and do the same thing from step 6.
  11. You should be able to run Solution center and to see in there how much ink do you have, to do settings of device, but it would not start scanning, although it states that the device is connected. It states something like that device is used by another program or something like that.
  12. So download open source software "Not Another PDF Scanner 2" from https://www.naps2.com . It is pretty neat software. It allows you to scan from feeder as well from glass. It has greather support than HP SW in languages in OCR.

Once agin I'm using LAN connection, so I'm not sure how will things go with USB connection.

I hope that these steps are understandable enough, I wrote this in hurry, and my english is far from perfect.

Pozdrav!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Cpbuja,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to install the software for your HP Officejet 4500 Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand that you have tried reinstalling the software, which did not resolve the issue. It sounds like the Windows installer stops during the installation. 

Use this document as a guideline to help resolve the issue:

Related article: 

Please follow the steps in this guide, HP Printers - Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10.

If the issue persists, follow these steps to see if you can resolve the issue.  

We are going to start by cleaning your computer up.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP Software:

If you're using a USB Cable connection between your printer and computer please disconnect that cable now. 

Step 1: Remove Printer:

We will want a clean slate to install your printer with on the Windows 10 computer. Therefore, I am going to have you ensure no trace of your HP Officejet 4500 is currently showing installed on your computer. 

1. Click on your Start button

ps 1.png

2. Just type Programs and Features. If a search doesn't automatically start, you may need to type Programs and Features in the 'Ask me Anything' box.

3. Click Programs and Features to launch the window.

4. In Programs and Features, a list of programs installed on your computer will populate. Please scroll down the list and look for your HP Officejet. If you see your HP Officejet 4500 listed, click it and choose Uninstall.

5. Please follow any onscreen prompts to complete the uninstall. Once the uninstall has completed successfully please close Programs and Features.

6. Next, click on your Start menu again

7. This time, type Devices

8. Click Devices and Printers to launch the window.

ps 2.png

9. In Devices and Printers look for your HP Officejet. If you see if please right-click on it and choose 'Remove' or 'Delete'

10. Once your HP Officejet 4500 is no longer showing in Devices and Printers please click on any device under the Printers list once just to highlight it. Click Print Server Properties at the top

ps 5.png

11. Click on the Drivers tab

12. Look for your HP Deskjet driver. If listed, please click on it and choose Remove

13. Select Remove Driver Only

14. Select OK

15. Click Apply and OK under the Print Server Properties window.

16. Close Devices and Printers. Please proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Install Device: 

1. Please click here to download the Full Feature Software and Driver download for your printer
  2. Once the download is complete please follow the onscreen prompts to install your printer
  3. If using a USB Cable connection, leave the cable disconnected until the installer prompts you to connect it

Once the install is complete please test printing and scanning. 

Source posted by my colleague X-23

If the issue persists, you can try the solution offered in the thread below.

1) Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start > All apps > Windows System > Command Prompt.

Type:   net stop spooler <hit enter>

Type:   net start spooler <hit enter >
Type:   exit  <hit enter >

2) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to:
%systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86

NOTE: %systemroot% is usually C:\Windows, but it might be "winnt" or something else; this is set when the OS is installed.  Most systems are like this  C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86

3) Inside the w32x86 folder there will be other folders and files.  Delete everything inside but DO NOT delete the w32x86 folder.

4) Restart the computer  Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10 / 8 / 7

Source posted by a community member jaredjb

If the issue persists, you may have a corrupted user account profile. 

Create a new user profile and try the installation again:

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

OK, I don't know what is wrong with this thread. I responded already twice before but my posts are not showing.

Thank you Darkster for trying to help me solve this problem.

I'll summarize again, I reinstalled my OS and didn't install any drivers after that (Windows Update did that).

Then I followed a few steps suggested in your reply.

First, I turned off Simple File Sharing and granted full control permissions to the SYSTEM account.

Then I registered the Atl.dll file and unregistered and reregistered Microsoft Windows Installer (v 5.0.10586.0).

I disconnected the Internet because I can't turn off Windows Update in Windows 10 and I was afraid it might mess up

my Software Suite installation (by installing basic driver) once I connect printer via USB cable.

Finally, I started to install the Full Software Suite driver (without connecting the printer), but unfortunately I got

the same error as before.

In order to completely eliminate all traces of HP software I had to reinstall my OS again.

Now my system is clean and I haven't connected the printer yet.

Any other ideas on how to solve this? Anything else I can do before attempting to install Suite driver again?

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me. 

As I suspected, there was corruption on the computer or another application was interfering.

Firstly, run and install the Windows Updates (excluding optional). 
Once that has been completed, reboot the computer.
Do not plug in the USB cable yet or Windows will install the wrong print driver.
Once you have rebooted, perform the clean boot procedure.
Reinstall the HP Software from a fresh download (do not use a previously downloaded copy).
Plug in the USB cable, only when prompted during the installation (not before). 

If the issue persists, please contact HP. They can take control to see what is wrong, whereas I cannot.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear.

Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks Darkster for getting back to me so quickly.

I followed your instructions, but the issue persists.

I'll try to contact HP for service here in Belgrade and see what they can tell me.

Maybe I'll even go back to Windows 7 if nothing else helps.

Thanks again for all your help.

God, how I hate this hpzmsi01.exe file! :indifferent:

e.JPG

HP Recommended

I've read your post and I'm facing the same problem. So, have you found the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Pomagaj druže, izludeću od hpzmsi01. 🙂

HP Recommended

Nope. My current solution is to just keep printing until I run out of ink.

Once this one breaks down I'm buying a different printer, something compatible with windows 10.

Ne verujem da će ikad biti rešen hpzmsi01 problem. :Crying: Pozdrav!

HP Recommended

Thanks for quick respond. Strange thing is that hpzmsi01. I've installed it many times on Windows 7 without any problem. However, at the time I was installing it for the first time on Windows 10, I was formatting other computer on which I have afterwards installed Windows 7 (as it was installed previous to formatting, with working installation of solution center for OJ4500). After installation of fresh copy of Win7 I encountered same issue with hpzmsi01?! At the end my solution was to run installation as Win XP (or Vista, I'm not sure) compatible. And after some troubles, I somehow managed to bring installation to the end. I thought I had solved the problem for Win 10 also, but unfortunately it didn't work for Win 10.

P.S. Pišem na engleskom čisto zato što je cela prethodna korespodencija sa čovekom iz HP-a bila na engleskom. Ako mi se omane da nađem rešenje, okačiću post ovde. Živ bio. 🙂

HP Recommended

So I found solutin that works for me. I didn't get to the point where I could use HP sowftware for using scanner, but I managed to use it with some other open source sofware. So here is what I have done:

1. Uninstall HP OJ 4500 with L4 uninstaller (Windows key + R; type %temp%; press OK; go to the installation folder of HP OJ 4500 - folder that starts with 7z...; go to "util" and then to "ccc" folder and run Uninstall_L4.bat). It will probably report error on first sequence of unistallation. Just click on close and continue with uninstallation pressing on "continue" and "ok" until it offers "finish". Click on "finish" and it should automatically restart.
  2. Afer restart delete installation folder in temp folder, and just to be sure I run CCleaner (first regular cleaner, and then registry cleaner also).
  3. Go to "Devices and Printers" and remove HP OJ 4500 if it is still there. Afterwards click on ony printer and than click on "Print server properties" button on upper bar. Go to the "Drivers" tab and remove HP OJ 4500 drivers from the list if there is any. 
  4. Go to HP soulutin centar page and download installation for HP OJ 4500 G510g-m for Windows 7 (64bit), not for Windows 10.
  5. Run installation file. After extraction click on "Exit" on setup windows that will pop out.
  6. Go to temp folder again, then to installation folder (one that starts with 7z...), there should be another folder named "OJ4500vG510g-m_Full_13_en". In this folder right click on Setup.exe file, click on Properties, go to Compatibility tab and chech box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose "Windows 7". Do the same with hpzmsi01.exe file in "setup" folder (I'm not sure if it is mandatory, so I did it anyway).
  7. Now right click on "Setup.exe" again, and click on "Run as administrator". Now just follow the installation. It should go smoothly up to the point of device configuration, and then it just get stuck waiting for "SLP" to reply on 88% or 89% of configuration (at least it did in my case). Btw I'm using LAN connection, so maybe some things would be different for you.
  8. Now comes the tricky part since I forgot the exact name of process that should be ended in task manager. Find one with "hp" in its name and that is consuming some amount of CPU. End it, but be sure not to end the process of installation (at this point this one should not be consuming any CPU resource, as I remember).
  9. Bring the installation to the and without further device configuring. At this point the device should be installed. You can check it in "Devices and Printers". There should be "HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m" and "HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m fax".
  10. Right click on Solution center" icon and go to Properties. Go to Compatibility tab and do the same thing from step 6.
  11. You should be able to run Solution center and to see in there how much ink do you have, to do settings of device, but it would not start scanning, although it states that the device is connected. It states something like that device is used by another program or something like that.
  12. So download open source software "Not Another PDF Scanner 2" from https://www.naps2.com . It is pretty neat software. It allows you to scan from feeder as well from glass. It has greather support than HP SW in languages in OCR.

Once agin I'm using LAN connection, so I'm not sure how will things go with USB connection.

I hope that these steps are understandable enough, I wrote this in hurry, and my english is far from perfect.

Pozdrav!

HP Recommended

Thanks man! I have only one thing to add - you can also use scanner with Windows Fax and Scanner built-in application.

Veliko hvala i lep pozdrav!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.