Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CP1025nw
Linux

Hi. I have intstalled my new CP1025nw vith HPLIP and USB cable. I then configured the wifi connection, again with USB cable and HPLIP, and it tells the process ended successfully. 
But when I unplug the USB cable and run hp-setup, I get this error message:

Searching... (bus=net, timeout=5, ttl=4, search=(None) desc=0, method=slp)
error: No devices found on bus: net
warning: HPLIP cannot detect printers in your network. This may be due to existing firewall settings blocking the required ports.
When you are in a trusted network environment, you may open the ports for network services like mdns and slp in the firewall. For detailed steps follow the link.
http://hplipopensource.com/node/375

(python:5713): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory of theme default.kde4 has no size field

But my computer has not any firewall! And, it detects without problems other manifacturers' working wifi printers. so I can't figure out what is the problem. The OS is Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

Can you please help me? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Edit: Now I suspect that, even if it says the printer has been connected, it is not true, because I can't find it even with my android smartphone.
The printer does not connect to wifi network even if it tells it does! It appears not to have IP address and other properties! 

Schermata del 2016-12-05 10-52-09.png

HP Recommended

@al_pignolo, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you cannot configure your HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer over wifi with ubuntu.

As of now HP does not have support for ubuntu. If you have any other issue please let us know.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.