Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro P1109w
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Trying to setup P1109w
Computer os: OSX 10.11.5
Router: ZTE ZXV10 W300
No CD/DVD drive. Need to download driver.

1) Downloaded: LJP1100_P1560_P1600_FW_Upgrade_Security-20150114.dmg
2) Clicked "HP Firmware Update Utility"
3) Saw popup alert:
"HP Firmware Upgrade Utility.app" can't be opened.
4) Clicked on help & saw this:
....Although the app was signed by an identified developer, the certificate for the app has been revoked and it cannot be opened....
....[check for] an updated version...

So -- is there an updated driver I can download somewhere?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Update:

I did copy the .pkg file from the installation disk ("HP LaserJet Professional P1100/P1560/P1600 Series.pkg") to my computer and the attempted installation failed with the message:

"The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

So, I'm still looking for software I can install on my mac to configure the printer to be on my wireless network.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The drivers for your printer are availble via Apple Software Update, you shoudn't use any other software.

Follow the steps listed under Setting up the printer for a wireless network (Mac) below, the 'Connect the printer to a wireless setup using a USB connection' section would apply:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-P1100-Printer-series/4110394/model/4110306/document/...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL,

You said: "The drivers for your printer are availble via Apple Software Update, you shoudn't use any other software."

I did download a driver so that I can connect to the printer directly with my Mac and print using a USB cable. My computer seems to find a driver entitled "HP LaserJet Professional P1100w, 6.9".

Is that driver supposed to work for my P1109w?

Also, unfortunately, I followed your suggestion about following the instructions to Connect the printer to a wireless setup using a USB connection -- but when I follow the instructions/video there, I can get as far as opening up the printer's utility window from my mac, but there is no button/link for "HTMLConfig", nor does clicking on the only Utility link available/visible, Open Printer Utility, actually open anything.

Any more suggestions?

I can print if I have the USB cable plugged in, but the printer still does not connect to my wireless network.

HP Recommended

In the end, I was able to set up the printer via WPS with a new NetGearAC1750 router I just added to my setup, which was not an option with the older ZTE router I'd been using.

While I'm glad to finally have it set up, HP really should consider providing a software utility that actually works, since probably not everyone can by a new router just to get a printer set up...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.