Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7500A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the past three four months (cannot remember excactly), the printer cannot be set to borderless printing like before.

Nomatter how many times I selected print borderless, the setting would not change and will not print to full size of the papers A4 and A3.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @22Nina

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you are unable to print borderless from your printer.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Open devices and printers
Right, click on  7500A.
Select Printer Preferences.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click Print Borderless from the Borderless Printing option.
 Click the Paper/Quality tab. Select the appropriate paper type from the Media drop-down list.
Click OK, and then click Print or OK to begin printing.

Also, try printing the image from the photo imaging software that came with
the printer.
Cause: Printing a borderless image from a non-HP software application produced
unexpected results.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂 

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr. Robot

Thanks for taking the time.

But all your steps already taken before I put my post here.

The setting just refuse to accept the change.

HP Recommended

@22Nina! thanks for the reply,

Before printing, follow the steps below:
Verify that the printer is turned on.
Remove the out tray, and then remove all of the paper from the In tray.
Slide the paper-width guide all the way to the left, and then pull out the paper-length guide.
Verify that the photo paper is flat.
Place the photo paper in the In tray with the side to be printed on facing down. If are using a photo paper that has a tear-off tab, verify that the tab is pointing away from the printer.
Slide the paper guides firmly against the paper.
Replace the out tray.

Under Paper Type, you cannot choose plain paper and print borderless. Choose photo or brochure paper instead.

Please follow this user guide from the link for more information: http://hp.care/2cSJlz4

Keep me updated,

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.

At the Print Preferences setting, Media always automatically selected the HP Advanced Photo Papers, even that, Print Borderless can not be set doesn't matter how many times I did it, I selected that, clicked OK.  Went back and check, it turned back to Print with Border again.

What puzzled me is, up to few months ago Print Borderless with plain paper was no problem at all.  I think perhaps it is since Office360 is installed then I have this problem.

HP Recommended

Hey there! @22Nina, thanks for the response,

I understand you are still unable to print borderless.

Please try few steps recommended below.

The paper size must be set to borderless in both the application (MS Word) and the printer driver. To set borderless printing in the application, follow the steps below.

1. Click File, then Page Setup.

2. In the Page Setup dialog box, click the Paper tab.

3. Under Paper Size, select the appropriate borderless paper size.

To select borderless printing in the printer driver, follow the steps below.

1. In the application, click File, and then click Print.

2. In the Print dialog box, click Properties, and then click the Paper/Quality tab.

3. Select the appropriate borderless paper size.

Keep me posted!

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.