Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion s5510f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The HP Solution Center was working correctly until several weeks ago when I was suddenly unable to send print jobs to my printer (HP Officejet 5610). I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver several times and then resend the print job. Although the device and printers page shows an installed (and supposedly detected) copy of the printer, now Copy 3, I still cannot print.

I subsequently needed to scan a document using the HP Solution Center, but received this error message, which has persisted no matter what I do with the printer:

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.

"Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation CD for a network installation.

"If this does not complete the installation, or you do not have the CD, access the HP help files by clicking the Start menu."

I do not have the installation CD with which to run the setup program, and it seems that the printer installation may not be completing correctly. I attempted to find the "help files," but that led to nothing.

Is there a procedure for getting back to a "clean slate" (without completely reimaging the computer) and obtain the installation media so that I could regain copy and scan capabilities?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The following  full software and driver for the OfficeJet 5600 series should be what you need to use.  Uninstall the printer from the OS and the software that is currently in the operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/oj5600/AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

Description:

The full solution software includes everything you need to install and use your HP printer. This collection of software includes the complete set of drivers, installer and optional software.

Fix and enhancements:

Original Software/Drivers

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The following  full software and driver for the OfficeJet 5600 series should be what you need to use.  Uninstall the printer from the OS and the software that is currently in the operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/oj5600/AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

Description:

The full solution software includes everything you need to install and use your HP printer. This collection of software includes the complete set of drivers, installer and optional software.

Fix and enhancements:

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@erico wrote:

Description:

Fix and enhancements:

I am presently having the same problem with my PSC 1410 all-in-one as the initial complainer described. The thing is I uninstall then reinstall numerous amount of times the full software from this site and I am still getting that issue. Is there anything else that can be done? Kindly let me know. Thanks. Presently using Windows 10 operating system.

HP Recommended

Uninstall the printer first and the software and then install the following full featured driver and software package.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-PSC-1400-All-in-One-Printer-series/4364...

HP Recommended

Hello again: Tried that once more. It still didn't work. Any other alternatives?

HP Recommended

Is your Windows 7 installation the original one from when you first set up the notebook?

If it is, it may have some issues. 

HP Recommended

Oh no. Maybe I should have placed my query under a different post. The desktop PC I purchased initially had Windows 8. It was later upgraded to Windows 10. I hope this explains it and gives an idea.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.