Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting an error dialog with the following message:

Spoiler
You have chosen to use a WIA scanner driver. You may experience difficulties using this driver with scanners that have an Automatic document Feeder. In that case, contact you scanner manfacutre to check if there is an updated WIA or TWAIN scanner drive for your model.

Based on this message, I assume I should install the TWAIN driver. How do I do this?

Thank you.

Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Scanner is working.

I had to go into the Printer properties and select "HP Scanner" then all is good.

I am running over a USB line. Tomorrow I'm going to try and switch to wireless.

If I have problems with that I'll be back with a new problem.

Thank you

Bruce

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @bruceaj

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to scan from your computer and getting an error message.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to uninstall the printer software from your computer and download and install it from the below link.

http://hp.care/2eAJbZ0

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I'm novice so I want to make sure I'm doing what you suggested, correctly.

I can't find, directly, the HP software to uninstall so I am working with the "HP Support Assistant" I clicked on "Diagnosics and tools" then on "HP Print and Scan Doctor", found my printer and navigated to a page listing "additional support options." Here I selected "Uninstall and Reinstall" I got a message "This will uninstall your product software.:

I stopped here to compose this message. I want to make sure I'm at the corrected place to unstall my drivers.

Appreciate comformation or correction to what I'm doing.

Thank you.

Bruce

HP Recommended

Hi @bruceaj

Thank you for posting back.

Recommend you to uninstall the printer again from Programs and features (Control Panel).

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the driver's tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.

Restart the PC.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In Programs and features, not sure which software package I should delete. I have

• HP FWUpdateED2
  • HP Officejet 6700 Basic Device Software (I would guess this is the printer software)

Some others HP stuff which I'm sure is just support printer software

and

• HP Update
  • HPDiagnosticCoreDll

What should I uninstall?

-----

In Devices and Printers, I have serveral installs for this printer.

• HP OfficeJet 6700 (this is my default printer)
  • HP officejet 6700 (Network) - (I was on a different network. At that time, I had this printer runing on it. Haven't been able to get it to run on this new network.
  • HP Officejet 6700 Class Drier
  • HP 73F557 (HP Officejet 6700)

Which printers should I uninstall?

Thank you very much for your help. I feel that you will eventually teach me so I can fix my problem

Bruce

HP Recommended

Hi @bruceaj

Thank you for posting back.

In Programs and features, remove HP Officejet 6700 Basic Device Software.

In Devices and Printers, remove all

• HP OfficeJet 6700 
  • HP OfficeJet 6700
  • HP OfficeJet 6700
  • HP 73F557 (HP Officejet 6700)

Once you uninstall the software download and install the software.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Scanner is working.

I had to go into the Printer properties and select "HP Scanner" then all is good.

I am running over a USB line. Tomorrow I'm going to try and switch to wireless.

If I have problems with that I'll be back with a new problem.

Thank you

Bruce

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.