Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For reasons I don’t understand, after a lengthy telephone help session, HP User Support had me install the HP Photosmart 7520 driver for my HP Envy 7645 printer.  It works fine EXCEPT that every time I want to use it to print more than one page I have to change the settings so that I can print two sided and on plain paper.  Can you give me step by step instructions to make these my 7645 printer’s default settings?  Thanks very much.   KJH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @khittelm,
I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have question about how to set default printer properties. I will be glad to help you.

Press start
In the white box type "devices and printers"
Right click on the printer
Select printer properties
Edit the setting as you require.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @khittelm,
I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have question about how to set default printer properties. I will be glad to help you.

Press start
In the white box type "devices and printers"
Right click on the printer
Select printer properties
Edit the setting as you require.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.