Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I went to replace my toner cartridges as they were low but after removing the old ones, had difficulty inserting the replacement cartridges.  I always use OEM hp cartridges purchased on Amazon.com.  After inspecting, I discovered the the cogs on the cartridge holder were bilaterally not lined up properly, preventing optimal insertion of new cartridges.  I tried rotating the cartridge holder several times on the control panel and this worked:  eventually I was rewarded with proper alignment and was able to easily insert the new toner cartridge for all colors but not black (K).  I have tried rotating the cartridge holder numerous times, turning machine on and off and even initializing.  Every time the cartridge holder rotates to black, I hear an extra clunk as it rolls backwards just a little bit, preventing insertion of the new cartridge.  Also, even though there are brand new toner cartridges in all color positions, the display panel has a question mark in place of showing the level of toner for cyan, while magenta and yellow show full.  Is there any way I can easily fix this problem at home or is there somewhere I can take this to be repaired or am I doomed to buy a new printer?  The last copies produced before I started replacing all the cartridges were fine so I'm hoping to salvage this otherwise wonderful but old machine.  I live in zip code 90275, which is close to the Los Angeles area.  I would be most appreciative of helpful feedback.  

Sincerely,

Barbie 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Bopsarino, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that toner cartridges not lining after replacement.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

When you put the old cartridge back to your printer does it fit well?

Please provide the model name of your printer to assist you better.

Sound like it could be a cartridge issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Take care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The black toner cartridge cannot be replaced because the slot where it fits is not lining up properly FOR replacement.  When I took the old cartridge out, the position moved backwards slightly and rotating the cartridges several times has not helped.  The position for replacement never lines up properly.  There are slots where the cartridge fits but they are blocked by plastic pieces in the machine due to not lining up properly so I cannot insert the new cartridge.  I am afraid of stripping the gears on the cartridge rotator by forcing it forwards about he 1/2" necessary to get the new cartridge in place.  Any ideas?  Hope this better explains my problem.  Appreciate of any help you can provide.  If I need to take it somewhere for service, I live in Rancho Plaos Verdes, 90275.  I have a hp color laser jet all in one (scan, fax, print), purchased around 2008.

HP Recommended

@Bopsarino, Thanks for your quick response and time.

It certainly looks to be a hardware issue, Please contact HP support for service option.

Since we don't have service manuals for HP printers, You have to contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Link listed Staples, Bestbuy, Frye's Electronics and a place called PCM.  Called all and none of them work on printers. They only sell them.  Where can I find a place that SERVICES hp printers??????

Frustrated,

Barbie

HP Recommended

@Bopsarino,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards

Mr.Robot

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the advice and for going the extra mile!!  Hope to get my machine working again very soon.

Barbie

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.