Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
photosmart hp7515
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop. I have uninstalled the software for my hp7515 and I installed the HP “PS7510_1315=1full feature” software upgrade.

I can print ok, but cannot scan reliably. When I click on HP SCAN the first time I may get a successful scan. After that when I click on HP SCAN a second time I get a dialogue box saying that scanner communication cannot be established yadda yadda yadda. After I wait maybe 15 minutes or logging off and then logging back on I can successfully complete another single scan; then the process starts all over again. Also, every now and then I get a box saying that SCAN TO COMPUTER IS NOT LONGER ACTIVATED.

I un-installed and re-installed the software a number of times and now it thinks there are three network printers installed. I want to get back to square one and start over as if I never had a HP printer on my system.

When I try to initiate a scan from the printer it eventually fails indicating there is no connection.

The printer works perfectly with my desktop running Windows 7 professional, and another laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. Prior to upgrading to windows 10 Home on this laptop the printer worked perfectly also.

Please help me completely uninstall my software and my printer from my system so I can start over.

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This weekend I finally had the chance to reload the printer software on my laptop. I am happy to say that so far all appears to be well. I was able to scan several times in a row from my laptop running Windows 10 home, then again with my desktop running Windows 7 Professional. Don't know if it made any difference, but while installing the printer and driver on the Window 10 machine, I had both of the Windows 7 machines in sleep mode.

Whatever the reason, I thank you all for your help.

Bob

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Magic58Bob,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with  the scan options. I will be glad to help you.

Please follow the steps from Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows).

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you TARDIS40 for your reply. I will try your suggestions in a short while.

On a side note: during my trouble shooting of this problem, I have tried to run Print and Scan Doctor several times. Every time it fails at different places with an error and quits. All it says is that an error occured in Print and Scan Doctor and goes to EOJ. One time it made it all the way to the FIX buttons, but as soon as I hit the FIX SCAN it errored off.

HP Recommended

So far I have uninstalled all HP software and drivers using REVO Unninstaller Pro. I have removed all folders labeled HP and Hewlett Packard from folders Program Files, Program Files x86, Program Data, App Data. Also, have removed all HP related programs from the startup menu. However, something is still left over, probably in the registry, because when I open my standard user account a dialogue box pops up with "There is a problem starting C:\Protram Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7510 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll. The specified module could not be found." Obviously this is because it was in one of the folders I deleted.  This does not happen when I open my admin account.

Does HP have some sort of program to completely remove HP drivers and software from a system as many software manufacturers do?

Thanks Bob

HP Recommended

HI @Magic58Bob,

Yes, there is a uninstaller program on the cd or the temp file from the download.

If enter in the search box "uninstall l3" or "uninstalll3". this program was design so HP tech could do full uninstall if customer connected the USB cable before installing the software, which is a issue with windows.

After installing the software, try scanning. if still does not work the second time.  Look for 3rd party firewalls and disable then, as some times can block the scan.  eg: Avast, Norton. 

Please keep me informed and I will continue to help you.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have to apologize.

I have not been able to get back to this problem due to a family emergency with one of my kids and grandkids over the last couple of days, and it is not over yet. . It is causing me to get way behind on everything, not just computer stuff. Hopefully this will be resolved this weekend and will be able to get back to solving this problem in a couple of days.

Thank you for your patience.

Bob

HP Recommended

This weekend I finally had the chance to reload the printer software on my laptop. I am happy to say that so far all appears to be well. I was able to scan several times in a row from my laptop running Windows 10 home, then again with my desktop running Windows 7 Professional. Don't know if it made any difference, but while installing the printer and driver on the Window 10 machine, I had both of the Windows 7 machines in sleep mode.

Whatever the reason, I thank you all for your help.

Bob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.