Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M127fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot Copy or Scan on this All in One Printer.  Printing wirelessly works fine from multiple devices.  I have tried unpugging and replugging in the electrical cord on the printer and disconnecting/reconnecting the cable to the router.

I have essentially been unable to do so for a long time after upgrading to Windows 10 and then a new Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router.  The IP address is correctly set. 

When I press Copy, the screen states "Calibrating" and runds for a few seconds, but nothing happens. 

When I run the HP Print/Scan Doctor to fix scanning, I get an error message stating "Windows (WIA) Scan Error" and "The scan process was cancelled by the user."  The latter is incorrect, I have done nothing to cancel it.  If you click "Continue" it states "Everything checks out OK with your scanner (except for the tests you chose to skip)."  I chose to skip nothing.  Finally it notes you can run a Test Scan but when I  do I get no results -- nothing happens?

I have no idea how to resolve this. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TimB78

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the copy and Scan does not work on LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw after replacing the router,

Don't worry I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate solution I need a few more details:

Do you mean the copier as a standalone on your printer, doesn't work?

If the printer doesn't work using the copier as a stand alone it would confirm a hardware failure,

If it does, you might want to follow the below steps:

Start with upgrading the firmware (Click here) and reinstalling the Full feature software for your printer using the Official HP Website.

Then, Click here to follow the step by step instructions including resetting of the printer to resolve your concern,

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher, Thank you for responding. 

The printer works just fine as a wireless device, e.g. - receives and prints from my Notebook also connected wirelessly through the same router, as well as printing documents via "air print" from an iPhone and an iPad.

What doesn't work is the Copy function on the printer.  If you press copy on the small informational screen, the screen then says "Calibrating" for a few seconds, turns off and no  copy is produced.  Likewise if I try to scan a document running the HP Scan function from the screen of the PC, nothing happens with the scanner.  The printer does not scan the document placed on the flatbed screen.

Would either of these require a firmware upgrade or something else?  The firmware "date code" noted on the small info. screen states "20140514."

I've reloaded the software )latest version with updates) and drivers for this printer from the HP site, I've tried turning off and on the printer, disconnecfting and reconnecting the power cord(not connected via a power strip) and disconnecting/reconnecting the router.  Since the Print function works, I don't believe these actions have served any useful purpose. 

Could it be a problem with a bulb (burned out) needed for either activity?  I saw this in a similar post from "dquatch" from 11/30/15.  Like they stated, the scanner doesn't seem to react/move when Copy is pressed.  If so, I have no idea where to acquire one/how to replace it.

Finally when I run the Fix Scanning function of the HP Print and Scan Doctor it states:

"Windows (WIA) Scan Error"

"The Scan process was cancelled by the user" -- ???  - I didn't do anything to precipitate this

HP Recommended

@TimB78

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And I'm afraid the fact that the scanner doesn't seem to move/react to the copy button proves a hardware malfunction within the scanner.

Unfortunately, we don't have an option to replace specific parts inside the printer and I recommend you Contact HP to have the printer either repaired or replaced
(Free of charge, if the product is within HP warranty).

That said if you wish to resolve the issue with the "Windows (WIA) scan error" you may try this related HP Forums post that seems to have helped many others: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.