Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
D110a Series All-In-One

Prior to our son using this printer at school, it worked fine at home for years.

I tired to set it back up, thinking it was already installed on my laptop, and all I would need to do is etup the wireless.

Something went wrong during the wireless setup, someone walked by the table and pulled the power cord off the printer.

Anyways, after that I could never setup the wireless, even after going back to factory defaults. I then tried uninstalling any trace of the printer on the laptop and started over. Now I don't remember using a disk to set it up a few years ago, only plugging in the USB cable and going from there.

When trying this I keep getting some of the lines items installed, but three lines that say Photosmart Series would come saying No Driver Found. I tried downloading the driver software manually, NG.

Today I just tried using the hppiw.exe, install wizard,  all seems ok then I get A Fatal Error During Installation.

Clicked through the prompts, it even said at one point a solution was found, it did an error report collection report before that. Now the following is showing:

Fatal Error  During Installation ( no kidding )

Error 1935. an error occurred during the installation assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT, processor architecture="86", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", version="8.0.50727.91",type="win32". Please refer to Help and Support for more info. Then it says go to HP Support for troubleshooting about Fatal Erro and MSI.Scan.

Did some digging, verified I have an uplevel version of MS Installer ( V.5.0.7601.18896 ).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright, a fatal error like that on Windows 7 is suggesting an operating system issue. The following steps should be able to resolve it.

Click on Start.

In the search bar type in cmd and press enter.

in the window that opens type in "msiexec /unregister" (no quotes) and press Enter.

Type in "msiexec /regserver" (no quotes) and press Enter.

If you didn't see anything except a new line appear to type in, you entered the line correct correctly. Now:

1. Click on Start.
  2. In the search bar type in msconfig and press Enter.
  3. Click on the Services tab.
  4. Click on Hide All by Microsoft.
  5. Click on Disable All.
  6. Click on the Start Up tab. 
  7. Click on Disable All.
  8. Click on OK and restart your PC.
  9. Disable any antivirus, firewall, and security software on your PC.

At this point you should be able to install the software. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @pbmac,

I see that you are having some issues with setting up your Photosmart D110a e-All-in-One Printer on your PC. I can help you with that, however I am going to need to know which version of Windows you are running first. Once I know that I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Wow, my bad, got tied up in not being able to fix this and completely forgot that important info:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Alright, a fatal error like that on Windows 7 is suggesting an operating system issue. The following steps should be able to resolve it.

Click on Start.

In the search bar type in cmd and press enter.

in the window that opens type in "msiexec /unregister" (no quotes) and press Enter.

Type in "msiexec /regserver" (no quotes) and press Enter.

If you didn't see anything except a new line appear to type in, you entered the line correct correctly. Now:

1. Click on Start.
  2. In the search bar type in msconfig and press Enter.
  3. Click on the Services tab.
  4. Click on Hide All by Microsoft.
  5. Click on Disable All.
  6. Click on the Start Up tab. 
  7. Click on Disable All.
  8. Click on OK and restart your PC.
  9. Disable any antivirus, firewall, and security software on your PC.

At this point you should be able to install the software. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I tried the least invasive first and disabled Avast Free Real Time Protection, and it worked.

Any ideas about this printer not wanting to "scan to a PC"?

Or should that be a separate thread?

Thanks again for your time.

HP Recommended

Scanning to PC could be blocked by a lot of things. If you run the Print and Scan Doctor it should find any issues and either resolve them or it should tell you what it was not able to repair. If it does provide you a list of errors it is not able to fix or if it does not enable Scan to PC, please let me know.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Back to say I haven't forgotten about your reply, been busy.

When I use the Print and Scan Doctor, should I be hardwired via USB ( there is another PC next to the printer ), or just use the laptop wirelessly on which I've done the software install on?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.