Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Dekskjet D1560
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope someone can give my a solution of this problem, because I already installed the latest software/drivers via PC-docter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Fred74

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm afraid this is the best and only solution available to obtain a permanent fix to your predicament,

The only other options is to attempt to install all hardware updates including BIOS (hoping that would make the above changes automatically).

That said, you are welcome to look further into this issue and find the solution you prefer,

Perhaps you could let us know about your findings as well and help me and the HP Forums community increase our knowledge 😉

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help in the future.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fred74

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the HP D1560 printer usb2 isn't working with win-10 usb3,

Although the USB 2.0 device will work in a USB 3.0 port as long as you use a USB 2.0 cable, if it doesn't I recommend following the below steps:

Some USB 2.0 devices will not work when connected to a USB 3.0 port. To fix this, disable the xHCI controller (the Intel USB 3.0 controller) and uninstall the USB 3.0 driver in Device Manager using the following steps.

1. Start or restart the computer.

2. Press F10 to enter Setup.

3. Click Advanced, and then click Device Options.

4. Enable USB EHCI debug to disable the xHCI controller.

5. Save the changes and exit from Setup.

6. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

7. Locate the USB 3.0 Root Hubs under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

8. Right-click the USB 3.0 Root Hub, and click Uninstall.

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I will thank you for your quick response, but making changes in the Bios and unstalling standard settings is not the option I prefer.

I will keep your solution in mind but look further for software/driver solutions.

With kind regards,

Fred74

HP Recommended

@Fred74

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm afraid this is the best and only solution available to obtain a permanent fix to your predicament,

The only other options is to attempt to install all hardware updates including BIOS (hoping that would make the above changes automatically).

That said, you are welcome to look further into this issue and find the solution you prefer,

Perhaps you could let us know about your findings as well and help me and the HP Forums community increase our knowledge 😉

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help in the future.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.