Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good day HP Friends,

PLEASE - Can you help me out?

Since purchasing a new PC Windows 10 HP Notebook,  I have had problems with my Deckjet 2640 Printer.

SCENERIO

1.  From my PC ... I have SUCCESSFULLY printed ALL THE COPIES that needed to be printed. 

2.  I shut down my PC for an hour, a day, it does not matter ...

3.  Next time I log onto my PC  .... and turn on my printer ...

4.  Out comes the last document printed - BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN!!

5.  I check my HP Printer Status: "See whats printing" ... 95% of the time, I see the last document I had printed is still there, though it had been printed  before the last time I shut down my PC.

Totally frustrating ... lots of personal information viewed and paper wasted?

Please! Can you help??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I think you need to remove the queue. For Windows, please try:

hold down the Windows key and press R.
    from the Run window, type services.msc and hit enter.
    if the machine asks for Admin you have to accept this,
    look down to the print spooler service, right click it and select properties
    click on the Stop button,
    browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\printers or C:\Windows\System\Spool\printers (this may be hidden)
    delete the job inside this folder
    reboot the machine

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.