Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for this.

The USB setting solved my problem. Test print seems good. If only I'd gone to the forum earlier!

HP Recommended

This worked for me with the 990c, wasn't able to find the "two sided printing" option with the PCL3.

Also it was helpful to know that I needed to use the correct port.

After a some trial and error, I am now able to print normal pages, no extras.  

Thank you to everyone to contributed!  Your comments helped me greatly!

HP Recommended

Could you remind me how to load the 990c driver for windows10. Using the PCL class driver I can only print on one side. Does the 990 fix enable doublesided?

thanks for any advice in advance

HP Recommended

This fix worked and will allow me to use up my ink supplies before upgrading my printer for window 10. The printing has a very little distortion. Thicker character but not too bad. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@RichardDPC wrote:

Could you remind me how to load the 990c driver for windows10. Using the PCL class driver I can only print on one side. Does the 990 fix enable doublesided?

thanks for any advice in advance

If you already have the printer set up then to change to the Deskjet 990c driver do the following:  from the Devices and Printers directory right click on the HP Deskjet PCL3 Class Driver.  Select Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver, Next, Windows Update, (wait a few minutes for an update).  When the list repopulates scroll down to HP (not Hewlett Packard or Hewlett-Packard)  for the manufacturer, select the HP Deskjet 990c, Next, Finish.

To enable the duplexer right click on the Deskjet 990c, Printer Properties, Device Settings, Installable OPtions, Two-Sided Printing, Installed, Apply, OK.

dj 990 driver.png

dj 990 dr 2.png

dj 990 duplex.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Bob

For my situation I have to have the two sided printing "not installed" or maybe it is "not enabled" in order to prevent all kinds of extra garbage pages being printed.

Christie

HP Recommended

Thanks Bob, this has at last fixed the issue. I just couldnt get the 990c to download onto the printer drivers list. Have a great week-end. I can now get on with mine!!

R

HP Recommended

Once I completely removed the printer and added from scratch,

select port USB001 and the HP Deskjet PCL3 Class Driver everything

works great. Thank you for the information.

HP Recommended

Completely remove the printer and then do the add printer process.

Select the USB001 port and the PCL3 Class Driver (NOT #2). I tried both

and the #2 does go wide. I got what I wanted when I started from scratch.

I tried just changing the driver and it didn't work. No short cuts

unfortunately.

HP Recommended

Bob, that's so helpful.  Thanks very much!

😄

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.