Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Fragger wrote:

YES! THANK YOU! 

Doing this FINALLY made my HP Deskjet 720C/722C work on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit using a StarTech Parallel LPT to USB 1.1 Cable on the USB001 Virtual USB port.

THIS IS A FIX THANK YOU. I was messing almost for 1-2 hours with this I knew that when the spooler kept crashing it was more driver related. AMAZING. A+++

Where can I click the Accept As A Solution button?

I am glad I could help.  You cannot mark this as a solution since you did not start the thread, but you can click on the "kudos" star to the left for any post you find helpful.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

hi again. now my printer is working. i dont have a clue why it didnt but who cares xD thx

HP Recommended

Hi Bob not Bod, sorry!

With your method I find the files on the Windows 7 machine !!

All the time I looked for files, I have in run as administrator with my favorite Program, Total Commander.
But for same reason Total Commander doesn’t see the “spool” directory, but if I do a “cd” in to “spool”. TC is able to navigate “deeper” to “3” directory. And I can complete the file replace through TC.

So now it works like a charm, I am happy because my wife is happy, she can do prints from here
new laptop!

Thanks a lot Bob

/

Dan

Bob wrote:

You may need to have administrator privilege to access the directory.  Try the following:  go  to start, all programs, accessories, right click on Command Prompt, select Run as Administrator.  Next go to the command prompt windows and type the following:

cd %windir%

cd system32

cd spool

cd drivers

cd x64

cd 3

<cut>

HP Recommended

This patch worked perfectly!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

just sign in to say thank you!!!!

bought a usb only new machine. connected my *good* old DJ 722c via usb-parallel-adapter and installed the DJ-patch. Works perfectly with Windows 7 Ultimate (x64 of course).

Many thanks!!!!!!!

(but I don't understand why it isn't put on the windows update)

HP Recommended

Hi, Bob,

I had to register just so I could thank you for this wonderful patch HP 820c. I had given up months ago and dual booted with vista just to be able to print. I originally found the solution on Alan's forum. Thanks to both of you.

HP Recommended

I am still looking for a solution that applies to my DJ 1120c.  Any ideas??

HP Recommended

Do you have a patch for the Deskjet 820Cse 32-bit driver for windows 7 professional.  The print cue in the system tray stays with documents "pending" even after all printouts have completed.  This is a minor annoyance, but I don't want to have to restart the in order to clear pending print jobs notifications all the time.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel

HP Recommended

@danielwitkin wrote:

Do you have a patch for the Deskjet 820Cse 32-bit driver for windows 7 professional.  The print cue in the system tray stays with documents "pending" even after all printouts have completed.  This is a minor annoyance, but I don't want to have to restart the in order to clear pending print jobs notifications all the time.  Any help would be appreciated.

I do not have any fixes for the 32 bit version of the DJ 820.  I would suggest checking the security settings.  If that does not help then start a new thread in this forum or the "Other Printing Questions" forum.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi--I have the same issue as with the 710c except this is for a HP Laserjet IIp. Does anybody know of a patch for this printer. The printer does work and I hate to trash it over this issue since the 710c was able to work in Win7 64bit with a patch. Thanks for the help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.